Latest post Wed, Apr 29 2009 12:32 PM by Moses.M. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Wed, Apr 29 2009 12:12 PM

• asorcini
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Posts 1
    • Points 15

How can I cut project in remote location and keep media links?

Forgive me if this question is Avid 101, but I've been unable to find an appropriate answer in the user guide. I need to copy our project and media to an external drive so another editorial team can make edits in the project in a remote location. I only need to copy the media relevant to our current edit, not the media for the entire project (which is substantial). On top of that, I need to be able to bring their reedited sequence back into our system and have it relink to our local media. What's the best way of going about this? Consolidating seems like the natural solution, but as I understand it, if I were to consolidate the sequence, the new sequence will no longer link up to the original media.

• Wed, Apr 29 2009 12:32 PM In reply to

• Moses.M
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on Mon, Jun 9 2008
    • Austria
    • Posts 651
    • Points 8,100

Re: How can I cut project in remote location and keep media links?

consolidating is the right way to copy the media for the team who does the external editing. if they don't use any new media (graphics, a.s.o.) you could copy the new project file back to your system, open it and relink the media.

HP xw8400 - 6GB RAM | W7 64 bit | MC 5.5.2 | Adrenaline with DNxcel Sony Vaio SB1Z1 - 6GB Ram | W7 64 bit | Blackmagic Design Ultra Studio SDI [view my complete system specs]
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller