Latest post Sat, Apr 18 2009 9:07 AM by mvegas. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Fri, Apr 17 2009 9:35 PM

• tundra tv
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Wed, Oct 1 2008
    • Posts 2
    • Points 20

Database error when reading P2 cards

I run NewscutterXP v_6.7.7 on an Avid certified HP XW8200 workstation with Mojo SDI attached. Lately I have had an intermittent problem when reading P2 cards. Once or twice a week I get an error "A database error occurred when scanning the file 'E:\Contents\Audio\00019V01.MXF'. There are 2 variables to the error which are the drive letter and the filename. The problem is not specific to any of the 5 drive letters (E:, F:, G:, H:, I:) associated with my AJ-PCD20 P2 card reader.  In the error window there are choices to abort, quarantine or ignore. As a workaround I found that I can:

1. Abort

2. File>Unmount (and select the drive that gave the error)

3. Re-insert the P2 card everything scans without error.

I've tried recreating PMR files for all drives, reinstalling P2 drivers, swapping out P2 readers and even went as far as reinstalling NCXP. All had no effect on the problem.

Does anyone have any thoughts on how to fix this??

• Sat, Apr 18 2009 9:07 AM In reply to

• mvegas
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Posts 1,555
    • Points 17,910

Re: Database error when reading P2 cards

This forum is for older Meridien and ABVB systems.  For best results, you should try your request
    to the Broadcast Newsroom group.  That being said, If  you can see the P2 media in the media tool
    select and drag to a bin.  Then consolidate the P2 media onto one of your stripes. 

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller