Latest post Tue, May 26 2009 8:51 PM by maryd. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Fri, Apr 10 2009 10:32 AM

• rosb
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Apr 9 2009
    • Johannesburg, South Africa
    • Posts 4
    • Points 70

Font reports a different size, but displays the same

am using FX Deko II ver 4.1.2

I've created a large number of graphics using the font Tradegothic, and most of the time, the font size was set to 20, 21 or 22. I stored Tradegothic size 20 to preset style 1 in a saved preset style file.

The other day, all of my graphics where the font used to be size 20, are now showing the font size to be 16.88; original font size 21 is showing as size 17.72, and font size 22 is showing as size 18.57. The text itself still shows on screen as the same physical size - in other words, the text still looks exactly the same on screen as it used to, but the Deko is reporting that the size of the font is 84.4% of what it used to be. The engineers tell me that all they did to the machine was change some of the drive mappings - that nothing was done to the software itself.

Style 1 in my preset style font now also shows that the font is size 16.68, rather than size 20. All text that was originally created as preset style 1, is still at preset style 1.

It's not realy a big deal - because all of my graphics still look identical, but I don't like fractional font sizes, and all my documentation states the original font sizes.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Ros.

• Fri, Apr 17 2009 8:06 PM In reply to

Re: Font reports a different size, but displays the same

Hi Ros,

Just a guess, but go in and check all of your preferences (Options -> Preferences).  The drive mapping that was done may have affected some of the settings.

Regards,

Joann

• Fri, Apr 17 2009 9:10 PM In reply to

• rosb
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Apr 9 2009
    • Johannesburg, South Africa
    • Posts 4
    • Points 70

Hi Joann

I don't know what setting I should be checking. Nothing in there seems to relate specifically to fonts.

Thanks,

Ros.

• Thu, May 14 2009 9:22 PM In reply to

Options -> Preferences -> Advanced has a check-box "Show actual font size in presets box."

• Tue, May 26 2009 8:51 PM In reply to

• maryd
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Wed, Aug 23 2006
    • Posts 12
    • Points 1,895
    • Moderator: Avid Motion Graphics

Check your Font Size settings.  You may have created the font size using the Font size based on Row Height and now you are using the setting of Font size based on Cap Height (Options>Preferences>Advanced:Font size based on:)  The default and most commonly used setting is Row Height.

Mary Driscoll
    Application Editor | On Air Graphics | Sales Americas

Avid
    220 Swan River Rd.
    West Dennis, MA 02670
    United States
    mary.driscoll@avid.com

|  m +1 (917) 301-7323  |

We're Avid.  Learn more at www.avid.com

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller