Latest post Thu, Mar 26 2009 1:45 AM by Sting316. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Thu, Mar 26 2009 12:29 AM

• Sting316
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Mar 26 2009
    • Posts 3
    • Points 55

Help Exporting

Hey Champs,

I'm just having a problem exporting my project.

When I bring up the export settings, I only have the choice of exporting it as a fast quicktime (Which compresses the video down to about the quarter of the size and is as grainy as hell) or exporting it as just a normal file.

The normal file is 660mB and looks great when I put it on youtube...but it has no sound and doesn't read the top layer of my vision.

What can I do to export it at the full Mb size but include the audio and top layer of vision?

Any help would be greatly appreciated...I'm guessing I have to download a compressor that will become apart of my export settings? But I'm too much of a n00b to really know :-[

• Thu, Mar 26 2009 12:33 AM In reply to

Re: Help Exporting

Just to clarify, are really using "Free DV"?  If so, the export options may be limited.  Also that free version was discontinued many years ago ....

Symphony 8.8.x w/Avid Nitris DX, HP z420, Windows 10, QT v7.7.x, Hexa Core 3.2GHz, 16GB RAM, nVidia Quadro Series 2000 w/353.82. 2TB Boot, 2 x 3TB internal... [view my complete system specs]

"There are few technological barriers.  You can fix almost anything if you throw enough money at it."
    Randall L. Rike, ACI, ACSR Mac*Win*Unity*ISIS*DS
    Systems Engineer @ BET Networks [a Viacom company]
    (wwld)

• Thu, Mar 26 2009 12:37 AM In reply to

(Edit ) If not using Avid free

Beside the Export settings there is an "options" box  Click that

You then get as many options for output as you want.

When you have the settings you want choose save as and you then have those settings as a new export template for next time.

I think one of the 90+ tutorials on the forum here is on exporting from Avid

• Thu, Mar 26 2009 1:20 AM In reply to

• Rob Stowell
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Christchurch, New Zealand
    • Posts 379
    • Points 4,195

The export options for free dv are limited, but not THAT limited. Once you get the export screen, click on "format options" You should get a range of quicktime options. Some of the more popular include: "Animation" which is essentially uncompressed- produces huge files. DV- PAL or NTSC depending on your region (I mostly use this) There's minimal quality loss usually- since Free DV is editing in DV format anyway.

Or if you want a smaller, more compressed file, you can try mp4 (and change the size to eg 320 x 240 for the web)

Make sure audio AND video export are checked...

Dell T5400 quad core xeon, 4 GBs ram, media on striped pair of 750MBs sata drives, nvidia 3700 gfx, MC 3 and Edius 5 with HDStorm. hp xw3200 1 gig ram... [view my complete system specs]

kia ora- Rob

• Thu, Mar 26 2009 1:45 AM In reply to

• Sting316
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Mar 26 2009
    • Posts 3
    • Points 55

Thanks guys, your help is greatly appreciated.

I'll give this a try when I get home.

I know free DV has been discontinued but I downloaded it ages ago and like the layout...plus I don't want to fork out hundreds of dollars for the full overhaul.

I'm currently editing videos I downloaded off youtube (legal ones of course)...so yeah...hopefully should work.

Thanks again.

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller