Latest post Wed, Mar 25 2009 1:04 PM by BLKDOG. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Wed, Mar 25 2009 1:01 PM

• EmmaMolly
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Wed, Mar 25 2009
    • Posts 1
    • Points 15

PMW EX Cam mixed with Avid...

Hi,

Have many people used the EX camera for projects in Avid?  I'm trying it out at the moment and would love to open up discussions about it.  We're using Avid Media Composer, EditShare and Sony EX Clip Browser to convert it to an MXF file to then import into avid.  Currently it takes about 1/2 real time to convert the .mp4 file to a NLE MXF file and then another 1/4 real time to import it into AVID.  Does anyone know a quicker way of importing?  We've tried .aaf from EX Clip Browser except then it doesn't import into Avid with any timecode reference.  Rumour had it MC3.5 had a better path way... thoughts? Tests?

There seems to be little problems that keep coming up with using the EX cam footage with Avid via Sony EX Clip Browser.  Drives seem to be more tempermental with media coming offline when there is any hint of a corrupt file on that specific drive or relinking having difficulties since when we import there isn't any reference to a source name (and it can't be modified once in Avid.)  Also, since there's no source, besides potential relinking / batch importing problems  functions like "Auto Sequences" won't work with nothing to reference off.  The strangest thing I've had though is there are some clips that are imported that don't show their timecode at all... I'm wondering whether there's a better software besides Sony EX Clip Browser to be able to unwrap the EX cam .mp4 files.

Any thoughts would be most welcomed.

Thanks.

• Wed, Mar 25 2009 1:04 PM In reply to

• BLKDOG
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Lansing, MI
    • Posts 17,731
    • Points 226,405
    • Avid Employee
      Moderator: MCA Mac
      Moderator: MCA PC

Re: PMW EX Cam mixed with Avid...

EmmaMolly:
    Does anyone know a quicker way of importing? 

MC 3.5's new AMA feature allows for instant access to your EX Media and will also solve most of the other problems you list.

Project Manager, Avid Professional Services - Americas [view my complete system specs]

In agreement, Unity. In Disagreement, Discussion. In all things, Charity.

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller