Latest post Mon, Mar 16 2009 3:49 AM by Ervz Tia (Tikboy). 5 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Fri, Mar 13 2009 1:09 AM

Help with Quicktime Export-HD

Hello,

I badly need help on this. Im trying to export a high quality qucktime file from my timeline.

Project: 1080i, HDV material, NTSC, sony Z1 & Z7

Delivery Requirement: HDV, DVCPRO-HD or APPLE PRO REZ HQ.

I can only see DVCPRO but not DVCPRO-HD.

I tried using DVCPRO but it always exports it to DV resolution no matter what I do.

I also tried compressing using MP4 and H.264 but it does not meet the delivery requirement.

Recently, I also notice something funny about my quicktime player. It's been havin trouble playing some quicktime files. Im not sure if it is because of my HD workflow or something. Just now, I mixed down my video track so I can export the project via QTreference. It exported ok but quicktime player only plays audio, no video. it and is asking for something. I have QuicktimePro.

How would you do it?

Help please!!!!

Avid MC 8.3 | OSX 10.8.5 | MacPro 8-Core, 24 GB | HDV/H264/AVCHD/DV/, Sony HVR-Z1/Z7, Canon EOS [view my complete system specs]

Ervz Tia | Video Productions
    WM Communications, Asia-Pacific | Philippines

--

• Fri, Mar 13 2009 4:59 AM In reply to

Re: Help with Quicktime Export-HD

anyone?

Avid MC 8.3 | OSX 10.8.5 | MacPro 8-Core, 24 GB | HDV/H264/AVCHD/DV/, Sony HVR-Z1/Z7, Canon EOS [view my complete system specs]

--

• Fri, Mar 13 2009 7:16 AM In reply to

• Mike A
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Sat, Jan 5 2008
    • Posts 34
    • Points 400

I'm not sure about the HDV codec, but I think I can address the other codecs.

Apple ProRes and Apple DVCPRO-HD are included with (and only available if you own) Final Cut Pro. Avid does have its own version of the DVCPRO-HD codec (Avid DV100) that is freely available - whoever you're delivering it to will have to download the Avid Codecs package if they don't already have it.

Hopefully, that will satisfy your delivery requirement. 

Mac Pro 2 x 2.8 GHz Quad-Core Xeon / 8 GB RAM / Mac OS X 10.6.7 / QuickTime X / Media Composer 5.5.3 [view my complete system specs]
  • Fri, Mar 13 2009 9:58 AM In reply to

Thanks.

Yes, I realized that. I just installed FCP-DH Studio in my system. I'm now exporting it using Quicktime Pro (additional codecs are now available).

Final question. Is it ok to de-interlace? I noticed the distracting lines when I exported it as default.

--

• Fri, Mar 13 2009 10:44 AM In reply to

• Mike A
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Sat, Jan 5 2008
    • Posts 34
    • Points 400

I deal with 23.976p footage mostly, so perhaps someone else should answer this, but I'd suppose the question of whether to deinterlace really depends on the nature of the delivery and what your client (or whomever) needs.

Is it going to be encoded for the web, is it going back onto a tape, etc.? The video will undoubtedly look better in Quicktime Player when it's deinterlaced, but if the program is not intended to be viewed in that fashion, he/she may want you to keep the interlacing. I'm not really sure about the quality of Quicktime Pro's deinterlacing, either. I've heard that much better results can be achieved with Compressor.

Sorry I can't be of more help.

Mac Pro 2 x 2.8 GHz Quad-Core Xeon / 8 GB RAM / Mac OS X 10.6.7 / QuickTime X / Media Composer 5.5.3 [view my complete system specs]
  • Mon, Mar 16 2009 3:49 AM In reply to

Hello.

I finally exported from my timeline QT (DVCPROHD), single field.

It's gonna be shown on a film festival via projection system and also will be put on a DVD.

thanks.

--

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller