Latest post Thu, Mar 5 2009 8:51 AM by BobbyMurcerFan. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Thu, Mar 5 2009 2:08 AM

• Marianna
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Avid
    • Posts 10,667
    • Points 223,915
    • Avid Beta Moderators
      Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Developer Moderator
      BlogAuthor
      SystemAdministrator

No Visible Waveform or Audio Level Plot

When I started using MC, setting the visible waveform was one of the first things I did when I began to work on my audio tracks.
    Some weeks later I was unable to see the waveforms.
    No matter how much I clicked on the hamburger and changed the settings, I just could not see the waveform anymore.
    The following Tutorial shows you how.
    Also included is a little tip about the visibility of the Audio Level Plot.

Regards,
    Douglas

The playback screen can be maximised by using the "Full-screen" button in the control bar.

Director of Online Communities and Forums/Customer Advocate [view my complete system specs]

marianna.montague@avid.com

mobile 813-493-6800

Twitter:  avidmarianna

Facebook: Marianna Montague

www.avidcustomerassociation.com   |  Connect 2019 | April 6-7 | Aria, Las Vegas, NV

WWLD

• Thu, Mar 5 2009 8:51 AM In reply to

Re: No Visible Waveform or Audio Level Plot

Douglas, thanks for another great tutorial. At first, I thought you were asking a ?, and I was going to tell you about "Show Marked Waveforms."

This does bring up a very good point. Namely that a lot of the commands in Avid are ambiguously named. A better name would be something like "Only show waveform between in and out marks," or some slightly shorter variation. Because the current name implies that the waveform itself is marked, that's really not the case and is misleading. A timeline region is marked.

If one is familiar with Avid, then these things go largely unnoticed. But for many of us, they are stumbling blocks and probably add to this perception that Avid is difficult to learn.

"When I spent 60k on a discreet edit digisuite system 10 years ago someone came up to me to offer fcp 2, I said it was a scam too." -Ric

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller