Latest post Fri, Feb 27 2009 11:16 PM by BLKDOG. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Wed, Feb 25 2009 10:35 AM

• pro---studio
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Cologne / Germany
    • Posts 134
    • Points 2,115

"read audio timecode" on P2 is not working

Hi everyone,

I have a problem with some P2 material (again booh!)

I have a session that is recorded with two cameras where one camera has the free running timecode of the other camera on audio track 1.

If I use the "read audio time code" feature all clips in the bin have the same starting tc (Aux TC1). It is not possible to have the "real" recorded audio timecode in the aux1 panel. Waht am I doing wrong here?

What I found out is the following:

Each clip must have a different tape name. If some clips have the same tape name and you use the "read audio tc" command - all clips start at the same tc - regardless of their real audio timecode. If you just read the audio timecode of one clip - all clips with the same tape name get the same tc (starting at the same point as the clip used with the "read tc from audio" command).

That is a real bug - it makes absolutely no sense to copy the tc to all clips with the same tape name.

For me that means: It is not possible to use this feature because I have around 300 P2 clips in my bin with recorded audio timecode. I would first have to give every clip a unique tape name to use the "read audio tc" feature. Rediculous!

I posted this in the MC forum but NO ONE did respond. Thank you for your suggestions.

ASUS P5Q3 / Intel Quad Core 9650 / nvidia Quadro 4500 / 8GB Ram OCZ / onboard sound / 250GB SATA System HD / 1,5TB Video HD Raid5 on Highpoint 2310 / Mojo... [view my complete system specs]
  • Fri, Feb 27 2009 2:21 PM In reply to

• BLKDOG
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Lansing, MI
    • Posts 17,731
    • Points 226,380
    • Avid Employee
      Moderator: MCA Mac
      Moderator: MCA PC

Re: "read audio timecode" on P2 is not working

Guys, we need to make this very clear. "Chat with Avid" does not mean that you will get a response from someone at Avid if you post your technical questions here.

This form is striclty for high level communications with Avid's executives. Even at that, Avid execs will not be chatting in this forum. They will be gathering information for quarterly communications with us THROUGH this forum. At least initially. As we ramp up communication will be more frequent.

However, technical questions and community support should always be posted to the regular forums. I will be locking this thread and, in the future, your moderators will be moving any threads of this nature to the proper venue.

Thanks all....

Project Manager, Avid Professional Services - Americas [view my complete system specs]

In agreement, Unity. In Disagreement, Discussion. In all things, Charity.

• Fri, Feb 27 2009 9:23 PM In reply to

• jwrl
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Melbourne, Australia
    • Posts 8,395
    • Points 97,100

BLKDOG:
    "Chat with Avid" ... is striclty for high level communications with Avid's executives.

BLKDOG:
    technical questions and community support should always be posted to the regular forums.

This is a good point, and may need to be stated regularly.  That forum has been degenerating into a clone of the General forum over the last days in my opinion.

MC 7.0.4 - Asus P6T Deluxe V2 mobo - Intel i7 920 2.66GHz - Windows 7 Ult64 SP1 - nVidia Quadro FX 1800 - 16 Gbyte low latency DDR3 RAM - Internal 8 Tb... [view my complete system specs]
  • Fri, Feb 27 2009 9:55 PM In reply to

• pro---studio
    • Not Ranked
    • Cologne / Germany
    • Posts 134
    • Points 2,115

BlkDog,

I'm really angry now. You cannot say either it is possible to share your problems with avid executives and then move threads to another forum. That is exactly why avid is losing ground on the edit market. AVID IS NOT LISTENING!!!! And you are one of the reasons why they don't.

To make this very clear:

THIS IS NOT A TECHNICAL QUESTION!!!!!!!!!

THIS IS A REALLY HUGE BUG IN A SOFTWARE THAT COSTS ME A LOT MORE THAN OTHER APPLICATIONS. AND NO ONE FROM AVID IS LISTENING!!!! I HAVE NO CHANCE TO GET SUPPORT FROM A COMPANY THAT TAKES MY HARD EARNED MONEY AND THEN DOESN'T LISTEN TO THE PROBLEM I HAVE WITH POORLY WRITTEN CODE!!

I get no response from anyone to solve that problem. My only chance is to adress it to someone higher then the "Moderators" that moved this thread to nowhere. It's time to be realistic and to listen to your customers.

What do you mean with "high level communications"? Do you just want to hear those users that praise your software and use it just to edit some child birthdays? Or do you care only for users that bought edit suites that costs 100.000 and more? This days are over! Maybe it is time to listen to real problems from customers that did not download a cracked version but paid every buck of you software to work every day with it?

I hope you move this thread back to the "chat with avid" area. If not I'm through with you and your software. This cannot be true - Offering a chance to adress problems and then hide the threads. That is the "new thinking" of avid I suppose. Really disappointing and distressing!

ASUS P5Q3 / Intel Quad Core 9650 / nvidia Quadro 4500 / 8GB Ram OCZ / onboard sound / 250GB SATA System HD / 1,5TB Video HD Raid5 on Highpoint 2310 / Mojo... [view my complete system specs]
  • Fri, Feb 27 2009 11:16 PM In reply to

• BLKDOG
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Lansing, MI
    • Posts 17,731
    • Points 226,380
    • Avid Employee
      Moderator: MCA Mac
      Moderator: MCA PC

Sorry "pro" you have me confused with someone else. I did not move your question. I did respond to you to let you know not to be disappointed when no one responds in that forum but I did not move the thread. As a matter of fact, I was hoping to leave it there to further define for the community what that forum is all about.

As to your problem, if it is that serious, you need to open up a case with support. This is not a technical support forum. It is a community forum where we help each other to the best of our abilities. If you are not getting answers here, then you really need to call support. 

Have you tried that? Did you get any answers? I will do my best to get some of the folks I know in support to look at this case but we need to open a case in order to get anything moving on this. Feel free to contact me offline and I'll certainly do all that I can to get you some answers.

Project Manager, Avid Professional Services - Americas [view my complete system specs]

In agreement, Unity. In Disagreement, Discussion. In all things, Charity.

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller