Latest post Tue, Feb 17 2009 11:41 AM by Corne Scheepers. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Tue, Feb 17 2009 4:02 AM

• cstotty
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Tue, Feb 17 2009
    • Christchurch NZ
    • Posts 15
    • Points 240

Getting media off a P2 camera?

Hi

Just wondering if anyone using P2 out there has encountered this problem:

When connecting a Panasonic AG-HPX502 EN camera to my PC via firewire it crashes the system. Oviously this is a major problem when it comes to trying to get the media off the P2 card and onto my system. Any helpfull sugguestions welcome?

HPXW8200, Media Composer, Mojo [view my complete system specs]
    Filed under: , ,
  • Tue, Feb 17 2009 4:09 AM In reply to

Re: Getting media off a P2 camera?

Some details would help.  Which FW port?  Anything else on that same bus or card, e.g., the Mojo?

Symphony 8.8.x w/Avid Nitris DX, HP z420, Windows 10, QT v7.7.x, Hexa Core 3.2GHz, 16GB RAM, nVidia Quadro Series 2000 w/353.82. 2TB Boot, 2 x 3TB internal... [view my complete system specs]

"There are few technological barriers.  You can fix almost anything if you throw enough money at it."
    Randall L. Rike, ACI, ACSR Mac*Win*Unity*ISIS*DS
    Systems Engineer @ BET Networks [a Viacom company]
    (wwld)

• Tue, Feb 17 2009 4:22 AM In reply to

• cstotty
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Tue, Feb 17 2009
    • Christchurch NZ
    • Posts 15
    • Points 240

Have tried connecting via the front firewire port, nothing else connected, even disconnected Mojo from rear and tried that port to same result. Does the camera need to be setup somehow?

HPXW8200, Media Composer, Mojo [view my complete system specs]
  • Tue, Feb 17 2009 10:39 AM In reply to

• udosauer
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Hamburg, Germany
    • Posts 448
    • Points 5,255

Have you read the manual of your camera? Panasonic has a easy step by step howto in it.

Have you installed the proper P2-drivers.

If that doesn't help you could try using usb instead of fw.

2x HP Z800 with Mojo DX and MC7.0 | 1x HP Z800 with Nitris DX and MC7.0+SYM-Option | 1x Unity MEFC5 [view my complete system specs]
  • Tue, Feb 17 2009 11:41 AM In reply to

I use P2 as well but I use USB to transfer and import media into the system.  The only issue I've run into is that Windows sometimes runs out of drive letters and the card slots don't all show up in Explorer - I'm on Unity and I have a lot of local storage connected to the Adrenaline as well.  To import and transfer P2 I need to unmount all but the essential workspaces or shut down the local storage for a while.  You need to have the P2 drivers installed for this to work.

Avid Media Composer 2019.6 HP ZBook 17 Gen3, i7-6700HQ CPU @ 2.60Ghz Win 10, 64GB RAM [view my complete system specs]
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller