Latest post Fri, Jan 30 2009 11:37 AM by almeida. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Fri, Jan 30 2009 2:25 AM

• almeida
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Sat, Jul 15 2006
    • Ohio
    • Posts 29
    • Points 410

dv in blinking when "connected" firewire

my sony dcr-hc85 has acted like a deck for years for me.  I am getting a dv in signal, it is blinking.  I have never paid attention in the past if it blinked, or was solid.  According to my device manager IEEE is working and so is my card.  I have 3 firewire inputs, nothing seems to work.  Nothing is even being read.  Is it blinking because there isn't a strong signal, or does it always just blink?  I went out today and bought a new firewire cable, bc my original broke (one of the pins is bent)

Any idea's?

Brett

XP Avid xpress 5.0hd quicktime 6.5 Intel core 2 quad Q8400 @2.66GHz g43 graphic 2.96GB of Ram 4TB [view my complete system specs]

Brett Hatfield "ACE" hopefully one day.Big Smile

Filed under: ,
  • Fri, Jan 30 2009 10:28 AM In reply to

• gumbycat99
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on Fri, Jun 6 2008
    • Auckland, New Zealand
    • Posts 588
    • Points 7,005

Re: dv in blinking when "connected" firewire

Could you give us a little more detail?

Does the capture tool in Avid see a deck? Or not?

Can you digitise? Or play back out to tape? Or can you not do either?

What exactly were the chain of events leading up to this? Your firewire cable broke, you replaced it and now nothing works? Or it still works but you're just not sure about the blinking light?

Just a little unclear as to exactly what your problem is.

cheers,

Campbell

8.5 on a mongrel PC, Win 7, QT7.5, Nvidia GTX 970, 16Gb RAM, SSD, NAS for raw media and a Macbook Pro [view my complete system specs]
  • Fri, Jan 30 2009 11:37 AM In reply to

• almeida
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Sat, Jul 15 2006
    • Ohio
    • Posts 29
    • Points 410

Re: dv in blinking when "connected" firewire

gumbycat99:

Could you give us a little more detail?

Does the capture tool in Avid see a deck? Or not?

Can you digitise? Or play back out to tape? Or can you not do either?

What exactly were the chain of events leading up to this? Your firewire cable broke, you replaced it and now nothing works? Or it still works but you're just not sure about the blinking light?

Just a little unclear as to exactly what your problem is.

cheers,

Campbell

I looked more into it, I think  my camera firewire input may be damaged, 3 pins are down, and 1 is popped up.  I may have to go out and buy a POS minidv cam just for the purpose of capturing.  The computer won't even read the "new software found."  My guess would be the light is blinking, because it's not reading everything because its not fully connected.

XP Avid xpress 5.0hd quicktime 6.5 Intel core 2 quad Q8400 @2.66GHz g43 graphic 2.96GB of Ram 4TB [view my complete system specs]

Brett Hatfield "ACE" hopefully one day.Big Smile

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller