Latest post Tue, Jan 27 2009 10:11 PM by Sco. 5 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Tue, Jan 27 2009 5:28 PM

• djdbennett
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Tue, Jan 27 2009
    • Surrey, England
    • Posts 45
    • Points 535

confused about mojo

Many apologies if this is answered elsewhere but I have searched the forums and also spoken to a reseller and seem to have conflicting information.

I currently run Xpress Pro 5.8 with an analog mojo - nice for importing non DV video and I run a component connected CRT off it.  Given the death of Xpress Pro I am keen to do the upgrade to MC but would not do it if I couldn't carry on using the mojo.

Some places say I can't, the reseller says I can't yet I found a FAQ in here saying :

"Q. What is happening with Mojo?

A. We are continuing to ship Mojo SDI which is an excellent solution for standard definition workflows with both analog and SD-SDI input and output connectivity. We will stop production of Mojo analog in June 2008. Mojo analog will continue to be supported in the new version of the editors."

Any clarification would be greatly appreciated.

David.

Mac Pro 8 core, Macbook Pro 17", MediaComposer4.0, Ye Olde Analogue Mojo. [view my complete system specs]
  • Tue, Jan 27 2009 5:36 PM In reply to

Re: confused about mojo

The important line from the quote above:

"Mojo analog will continue to be supported in the new version of the editors"

I am personally using an analog Mojo on my MC v3.1.1.

Symphony 8.8.x w/Avid Nitris DX, HP z420, Windows 10, QT v7.7.x, Hexa Core 3.2GHz, 16GB RAM, nVidia Quadro Series 2000 w/353.82. 2TB Boot, 2 x 3TB internal... [view my complete system specs]

"There are few technological barriers.  You can fix almost anything if you throw enough money at it."
    Randall L. Rike, ACI, ACSR Mac*Win*Unity*ISIS*DS
    Systems Engineer @ BET Networks [a Viacom company]
    (wwld)

• Tue, Jan 27 2009 6:43 PM In reply to

• MikePoglitsch
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Naperville, IL
    • Posts 183
    • Points 2,425

For what its worth.  I bought a used Xpress 5.7 system with a PC and Analog Mojo. I upgraded to Media Composer 3.0 (now upgraede to 3.05), and everthing works together great.  I can ingest firewire and also record/feed to/from Beta SP using the component conector.

2 Avids: Z400 Win 7 - 12GB RAM, BlackMagic Intensity Pro, z400 Win 7 Matrox MXO2 Mini 12GB RAM Both trying to run MC 7, QT 7.7.4 [view my complete system specs]
  • Tue, Jan 27 2009 7:01 PM In reply to

• djdbennett
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Tue, Jan 27 2009
    • Surrey, England
    • Posts 45
    • Points 535

Thank you SO much for that guys.  Looks like that particular reseller just lost a sale!

David

Mac Pro 8 core, Macbook Pro 17", MediaComposer4.0, Ye Olde Analogue Mojo. [view my complete system specs]
  • Tue, Jan 27 2009 7:40 PM In reply to

• Marianna
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Avid
    • Posts 10,675
    • Points 224,025
    • Avid Beta Moderators
      Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Developer Moderator
      BlogAuthor
      SystemAdministrator

As Mike and randy said, the Mojo analog product works just fine with MC 3.x and higher.

Ping me offline as to what reseller old you it would not work so I can at least have someone give them a jingle and educate them correctly.

Marianna

Director of Online Communities and Forums/Customer Advocate [view my complete system specs]

marianna.montague@avid.com

mobile 813-493-6800

Twitter:  avidmarianna

Facebook: Marianna Montague

www.avidcustomerassociation.com   |  Connect 2019 | April 6-7 | Aria, Las Vegas, NV

WWLD

• Tue, Jan 27 2009 10:11 PM In reply to

• Sco
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Aug 16 2007
    • NY, New York
    • Posts 54
    • Points 690

Does "educate them correctly" involve baseball bats?

just jokingSmile

Home system - Asus P5Q3, Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550 2.83Ghz , Quadro FX 1700, 8 GB Crucial DDR3 PC3-10600, Vista Business 64-bit Work system - HP Xw8400... [view my complete system specs]

Scott Cumbo

Broadway Video, NYC

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller