Latest post Tue, Jan 20 2009 8:58 AM by Ervz Tia (Tikboy). 8 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Tue, Jan 13 2009 8:14 AM

Track Manual Height Resize

Hello,

I just upgraded to Media Composer and now doing some tests.

I immediately notice the absence of the ability to manually stretch the track height. In XpresPro, specially when editing/mixing audio,  this flexibility feature is a really big help! It allows for more precise audio level adjustments when using keyframes.

Is there a way or a special setting to enable this in MC?

Thank you.

Avid MC 8.3 | OSX 10.8.5 | MacPro 8-Core, 24 GB | HDV/H264/AVCHD/DV/, Sony HVR-Z1/Z7, Canon EOS [view my complete system specs]

Ervz Tia | Video Productions
    WM Communications, Asia-Pacific | Philippines

--

• Tue, Jan 13 2009 8:16 AM In reply to

Re: Track Manual Height Resize

OK...I'm biting my foot.

Just found it. >> Cmd+Option-drag.

I'm liking MC!

Avid MC 8.3 | OSX 10.8.5 | MacPro 8-Core, 24 GB | HDV/H264/AVCHD/DV/, Sony HVR-Z1/Z7, Canon EOS [view my complete system specs]

--

• Tue, Jan 13 2009 8:21 AM In reply to

• gumbycat99
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on Fri, Jun 6 2008
    • Auckland, New Zealand
    • Posts 588
    • Points 7,005

Hold down the ctrl key and hover your mouse around.

Funny, I never noticed this before, always just used the keyboard shortcuts (select the tracks you want and use ctrl-L and -K). It looks like you can also drag tracks around if you want to change the order they're in. Nifty!

An old trick I learnt off these forums is to try alt- and ctrl- modifiers for variations of commands and that's why I tried holding down ctrl just now.

Since you're editing audio - did you know that ctrl+alt+L (or K) makes the audio sample plot bigger (or smaller) on the audio tracks you've got selected? Useful when wokring with very soft or loud audio.

cheers

Campbell

8.5 on a mongrel PC, Win 7, QT7.5, Nvidia GTX 970, 16Gb RAM, SSD, NAS for raw media and a Macbook Pro [view my complete system specs]
  • Tue, Jan 13 2009 8:22 AM In reply to

• gumbycat99
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Auckland, New Zealand
    • Posts 588
    • Points 7,005

pipped me to the post. good finding!

I like MC too. So so so much more powerful than Xpress Pro, once you get into it.

cheers

8.5 on a mongrel PC, Win 7, QT7.5, Nvidia GTX 970, 16Gb RAM, SSD, NAS for raw media and a Macbook Pro [view my complete system specs]
  • Tue, Jan 13 2009 11:34 AM In reply to

Smile

thanks gumbycat99

i was disapointed big time at first!i was like...."nooo...this can't be!"

--

• Tue, Jan 13 2009 12:11 PM In reply to

Newscutter Nitris DX 9.5.3.5 * Media Composer 5.5.3.6 (At Home on PC running XP Pro) * Symphony 6.5.2.1 (At home on MacBook Pro3,1 running 10.7.2) * Interplay... [view my complete system specs]

Larry Rubin

Senior Editor

The Pentagon Channel

www.pentagonchannel.mil

• Tue, Jan 20 2009 5:42 AM In reply to

A lot of thanks for the keyboard shortcut list!

One more thing.

Where can you find the button to assign TIMELINE HORIZONTAL SCALE to the keyboard? It is mentioned in the document but i looked into the command palette and cannot seem to find that button.

In mu previous XpressPro (windows), it's defaulted to the ARROW keys (up/down).

can you help me?

thanks.

--

• Tue, Jan 20 2009 5:53 AM In reply to

• gumbycat99
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Auckland, New Zealand
    • Posts 588
    • Points 7,005

On MC it is a menu command, on the timeline quick menu. On the Command Palette choose "menu to button", then click the down arrow on the keyboard settings, then choose "more detail" from the quick menu at the bottom left corner of the timeline. (and "less detail" goes on your up arrow).

cheers

• Tue, Jan 20 2009 8:58 AM In reply to

AWESOME!

I love this community!

--

Page 1 of 1 (9 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller