Latest post Sat, Jan 17 2009 12:08 AM by Falcon333. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Mon, Jan 12 2009 7:41 PM

• Falcon333
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Mon, Jan 12 2009
    • Germany, Munich
    • Posts 10
    • Points 130

Installed MC 3.0.5 and then PT 7.4.2, tipical problems?

hello there,

i installed the media composer 3.0.5 on my system ( macbook pro with leopard 10.5.5). everything worked fine.

then i installed pro tools 7.4.2 m-powered on the same osx. Afterwards i´ve read, that there are problems with MC and PT on the same os x. is it possible to deinstall pro tools media composer and then reinstall media composer, and then everything is fine? or do i have to install the whole os x new? i have a big project coming in februar, and the media composer should run without problems.

another question is which are the tipical problems with the two softwares on the same system, because each one works fine on my system, media composer and pro tools.

max

Macbook Pro 2,2 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo ; 4GB RAM; Mac OSX SnowLeopard 10.6.2; Media Composer 4.0.5 Academic; Pro Tools 8.0.2 M-Powered; M-Audio Mobile Pre... [view my complete system specs]
  • Mon, Jan 12 2009 9:26 PM In reply to

• curiosity
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Boulder, CO
    • Posts 836
    • Points 10,565

Re: Installed MC 3.0.5 and then PT 7.4.2, tipical problems?

The quickest way to determine if you have a problem is:

Open a project in Media Composer (if a new project, build a simple timeline with some audio and video)

select an audio clip in the timeline and attempt to apply an Audiosuite effect on it (i.e. reverb)

If it works you are probably okay for editing (don't change anything on your system). If it fails or freezes - there was a "unoffical" workaround to get PT and MC to play together (Note to others in Forum: Was it to remove CoreAudio? - anyone remember what the steps were in PT7?)

i7-5820(x99), 64GB, Win 8.1, GTX 1080ti [view my complete system specs]
  • Mon, Jan 12 2009 9:41 PM In reply to

• Falcon333
    • Not Ranked
    • Germany, Munich
    • Posts 10
    • Points 130

curiosity:

The quickest way to determine if you have a problem is:

Open a project in Media Composer (if a new project, build a simple timeline with some audio and video)

select an audio clip in the timeline and attempt to apply an Audiosuite effect on it (i.e. reverb)

thank you for your answer

I did what you told me to do, and it works fine. Also i can use the newest version of the effects like: 7-band EQ 3 with the new design. There pops up a window which tells me that avid cannot guarantee supoort for any third party plug-ins. When i press continue it works whitout problems. 

Were there anymore problems with it? I dont need the Audiosuite plugins for the project, because i'm doing the offline-editing of a film.

max

Macbook Pro 2,2 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo ; 4GB RAM; Mac OSX SnowLeopard 10.6.2; Media Composer 4.0.5 Academic; Pro Tools 8.0.2 M-Powered; M-Audio Mobile Pre... [view my complete system specs]
  • Tue, Jan 13 2009 2:07 AM In reply to

• curiosity
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Boulder, CO
    • Posts 836
    • Points 10,565

The incompatibilities revolve around the Audio driver that PT and Avid share - so the test using Audiosuite is a pretty good way to see if everything is working. Just to be sure you should open a session in PT and try adding a Audiosuite effect to a track and make sure PT works as well.

There are a bunch of other connections between the two (using a Mojo with ProTools, DV Toolkit, etc.) but most of the other issues will not stop you from working or corrupt your work. So you should be okay to edit. If you run into issues - post them here and we'll work you through them.

i7-5820(x99), 64GB, Win 8.1, GTX 1080ti [view my complete system specs]
  • Sat, Jan 17 2009 12:08 AM In reply to

• Falcon333
    • Not Ranked
    • Germany, Munich
    • Posts 10
    • Points 130

Thank you very much for your answers.

Max

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller