Latest post Wed, Mar 11 2009 2:41 AM by Mondo. 6 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Sun, Jan 11 2009 9:45 AM

• underscore
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • L.A.
    • Posts 21
    • Points 275

720/30p capture issues... will an upgrade fix it?

I am shooting a project on a JVC HD100 and a JVC HD250 at 720/30p.  I am having alot of trouble capturing into the avid. The system won't recognize the deck (which is a camera) usually, and when it does, it will capture for a while and then the audio runs out of sync. I also get other error messages....it is a nightmare.

I know that in the past avid didn't support 720p. Has this changed?

I am running MC 2.8 on a Dual 2 G5 with 4 gigs ram - OS 10.4.11 and QT 7.3

Will an upgrade fix these bugs, or just give me more to deal with?

G5 Dual_2 4_Gigs Ram OSX_10.4.11 Avid MC 2.8.0 w/ MOJO [view my complete system specs]
  • Mon, Jan 12 2009 3:47 PM In reply to

• BobRusso
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • New Jersey
    • Posts 2,289
    • Points 28,260
    • Avid Employee
      Moderator: Avid ISIS
      Moderator: Avid NEXIS PRO
      Moderator: Avid Storage Products

Re: 720/30p capture issues... will an upgrade fix it?

There was a lot of work done in MC 3.0 around the JVC Cameras, but I don't believe the HD100 is on the list of Supported Devices.

Look at the JVC White Paper: http://www.avid.com/resources/whitepapers/index.asp

There have been a lot of threads on this topic.

https://www.youtube.com/avidevangelistbob [view my complete system specs]

-- Bob Russo Post-Production Workflow Manager - NFL Films

Bob Russo on Expert Connections

• Mon, Jan 12 2009 7:07 PM In reply to

• BVBeaver
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Mon, Dec 11 2006
    • Storm Lake, IA
    • Posts 6
    • Points 70

BobRusso:
    There was a lot of work done in MC 3.0 around the JVC Cameras, but I don't believe the HD100 is on the list of Supported Devices.

The HD-100 IS on the list of supported devices, but NOT in the Compatibility Checklist, so I'm not sure which is accurate.

I'm using the GY-HD110U with the DR-HD100, which are not on the supported list, but worked just fine until release 3.0. I sure wish that would get fixed.

Avid Media Composer 4, HP xw8400 workstation on Vista, 4GB RAM, Avid Nitris DX, 8TB Avid Unity LanshareSP, JVC GY-HD110U GY-HD200, GY-HM100, DR-HD100,... [view my complete system specs]
    =-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
     Your best is an idiot.

• Mon, Jan 12 2009 7:23 PM In reply to

• BVBeaver
    • Not Ranked
    • Storm Lake, IA
    • Posts 6
    • Points 70

underscore:
    it will capture for a while and then the audio runs out of sync

I never had this problem with the HD110U on 2.8, but maybe the HD100 is acting differently. That's the same problem I (and everybody else on the planet, it seems) are now having with the 3.x release of Media Composer.

Avid Media Composer 4, HP xw8400 workstation on Vista, 4GB RAM, Avid Nitris DX, 8TB Avid Unity LanshareSP, JVC GY-HD110U GY-HD200, GY-HM100, DR-HD100,... [view my complete system specs]
     Your best is an idiot.

• Tue, Jan 13 2009 9:31 PM In reply to

• BVBeaver
    • Not Ranked
    • Storm Lake, IA
    • Posts 6
    • Points 70

Well, I "fixed" this problem (on Windows XP, but I haven't tried my OS 10.4 systems) by reverting from Media Composer 3.x.x to 2.8.4. All imported media is still horribly out of sync (now it shows as out of sync in the source/record monitor whereas before it looked nearly flawless, which is why I didn't notice until export), but all new imports are showing up as perfect start to finish.

Luckily I backed up all my M2T files elsewhere.

I guess on the upside, Pro Tools might work again.

Your best is an idiot.

• Wed, Feb 4 2009 5:09 PM In reply to

• Marianna
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Avid
    • Posts 11,265
    • Points 231,905
    • Avid Beta Moderators
      Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Developer Moderator
      BlogAuthor
      SystemAdministrator

BVBeaver,

Unfortunately it is a bug and has been logged in QA.  I dont have a date for resolution yet from QA.

Wish I had a better answer.

marianna

Director of Online Communities and Forums/Customer Advocate [view my complete system specs]

marianna.montague@avid.com

mobile 813-493-6800

Twitter:  avidmarianna

Facebook: Marianna Montague

www.avidcustomerassociation.com   |  Connect 2019 | April 6-7 | Aria, Las Vegas, NV

WWLD

• Wed, Mar 11 2009 2:41 AM In reply to

• Mondo
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Sydney Australia
    • Posts 1,626
    • Points 18,635

A bug? That's a bit too polite a word for it. Final Cut can ingest the material in sync from an HD100, CapDVHS can, Premiere can, Vegas can, even Liquid can, why can't Media Composer? I'd suggest that once a "bug" is more than 2 years old, then we need to find a different name for it.

We'll call them slugs - they're still bugs, but quite slow... :)

HP Z820 16GB RAM Winx64Pro SP1/Xeon 2620 x 2/Quadro 4000 NitrisDX, Fiber client Unity client 5.3 Build 15440, 4 bay SSD dock (Addonics) Custom build: Asus... [view my complete system specs]

John

Can we go back to the way audio nodes used to be selected? Please? ie if you have audio nodes at the same time on selected tracks; then selecting 1 audio node selects them all at that time. Having to shift select nodes or add an in and out is time consuming and counter productive. At least make it an option.

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller