Latest post Wed, Jan 7 2009 3:05 AM by switthaus. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Wed, Jan 7 2009 1:17 AM

Consolidation error in 3.0.5 for sequence created in 2.8.3

Hi, 

I am trying to consolidate a sequence in 3.0.5 that originated in a 2.8.3 project.  I get the following error:

This causes the whole system to crash.  I am trying to consolidate from a Unity workspace onto a local drive.  I have tried a different local drive with the same results.  I can consolidate a sequence I make in 3.0.5 no problem, and I can consolidate most master clips I try with out issue (one or two have given me issues, but I was able to solve them).  I have tried making a new sequence in 3.0.5 and then cutting the old sequence into it and consolidating that, but I still get the error message.  I have tried the same thing on a sequence from a different 2.8.3 project and I get the same error message.  I have not been able to get any of my sequences from multiple 2.8.3 projects to work.  They get part way through, and then the error message pops up and i have to relaunch media composer.  I am trying to do the consolidate so i can back up the cuts from the project (and the media from the cuts) onto a DVD or multiple DVDs.  My sequences are 15 seconds to 1 minute long.  

Please let me know if you have any insights into this issue.  

Thank you,

Sarah

• Wed, Jan 7 2009 3:05 AM In reply to

• switthaus
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Cobbs Creek, VA
    • Posts 2,259
    • Points 30,520

Re: Consolidation error in 3.0.5 for sequence created in 2.8.3

have you tried just doing the media files and master clips and leave out about the pre-computes (via the media tool)?  I am working on a project now that was loaded on an MC 2.8, consolidated to an external FW drive and now I am cutting on MC 3.05 with no problems.

Scott Witthaus

Owner/Editor/Post Production Supervisor 1708 Editorial

http://vimeopro.com/1708editorial/1708-editorial

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller