Latest post Sun, Sep 13 2009 11:36 AM by sonnydj2003. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Thu, Jan 1 2009 1:04 AM

• Adrian25
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Jan 1 2009
    • Posts 2
    • Points 40

Colors don't display correctly on playback

So I'm running Avid MC 3 on a Macbook - 2.4Ghz, 4GB Ram, with a Panasonic mini DV camera.

After I capture my clips, or during playback of the clips from the DV camera into Avid, the colors do not display correctly in the Record Monitor.  IT seems like there is a lot of green and a lot of Purple.

I'm running the same system on a iMac G5 with a 1G of Ram and slower processor, with the same exact settings as for the macbook, and it is working perfectly.

Although those colors in the Record monitor on the macbook don't display correctly either during playback from DV device, or after the clip has been captured in the bin, the Client monitor will display the correct colors if attached to the DV device.

PLEASE HELP.

I tried everything.  Could it be the video card, graphics of the macbook?  It plays imported clips correctly and it looks pretty good graphically.  Also when the scene is stopped the colors go back to normal.  As soon as I click play the coloring becomes dominated by green and purple.

Anybody?

Cheers!

• Fri, Jan 2 2009 12:05 AM In reply to

Re: Colors don't display correctly on playback

Sorry Adrian, but MC 3 is only qualified for MacBook Pro - it must run on Leopard.

Newscutter Nitris DX 9.5.3.5 * Media Composer 5.5.3.6 (At Home on PC running XP Pro) * Symphony 6.5.2.1 (At home on MacBook Pro3,1 running 10.7.2) * Interplay... [view my complete system specs]

Larry Rubin

Senior Editor

The Pentagon Channel

www.pentagonchannel.mil

• Fri, Jan 2 2009 3:35 AM In reply to

• Adrian25
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Jan 1 2009
    • Posts 2
    • Points 40

I have a macbook, not a macbook pro, but I am running Leopard.  The software works.... I just can't see the colors correctly.  All other functions work perfectly, and I can also see it correctly in the Ciient monitor.

No hopes?

• Fri, Jan 2 2009 6:33 PM In reply to

• siencs
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on Wed, Oct 17 2007
    • Aberystwyth, Wales
    • Posts 441
    • Points 5,105
    • Avid Certified Instructors - Video
      Avid Certified User

That sounds like an integrated graphics issue so I doubt there's anything you can do.

If your external monitor is displaying correctly at least your footage is theoretically unaffected.

MC Symphony 8.8.5 on MacPro 3GHz 8-Core Xeon 12GB RAM, OS 10.12.6, Blackmagic Ultrastudio 4K MC Symphony 8.8.1 on iMac [view my complete system specs]
  • Sun, Sep 13 2009 11:36 AM In reply to

i have the same problem on my macbook white, but when i tried it on windows os using bootcamp on same macbook, i did not experience the green playback, everything is perfectly normal. one other thing, surpricingly, mc 3 works perfectly on my old macmini, imagine it is the first gen macmini, almost 5 year old macmini, i just upgraded it to leopard ang put a max ram of 2g. never let me down on any of my projects. it must be in the model of the video card.

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller