Latest post Sun, May 23 2010 11:34 PM by jamesdebenham. 50 replies.
Page 4 of 4 (51 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Fri, Apr 16 2010 11:29 AM In reply to

• Baklap
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Hilversum - The Netherlands
    • Posts 6,944
    • Points 82,400
    • Moderator: Avid Xpress Pro PC

Re: Unity 5.1 "network path not found" driving me crazy

Jeroen, sorry for the late reply i was on NAB for a couple of days..

I will try to disable dynamic mounting in one of my sites.. see if that helps.. i know they feature less then 21 workspaces.

I wil report back on our findings!

Menno

thx

35+ MC's - 224TB Isis - 2.2 PB Spectra T950 - Interplay - 2 Media Central's - 3 TM's - 2 STP's - 500 TB Isilon - 2 Vantage - MOG SPeedrail... [view my complete system specs]

Twitter Account

"If you do what you did you will get what you got!"

My Keys

• Fri, Apr 16 2010 12:40 PM In reply to

Hi Menno,

How was NAB? I'm a bit jealous that you were able to go......

Just to update my findings. I discovered changing this setting does not take away the cause of the problem. I see in the event log that portserver errors, licenseserver errors and avidcomm errors still occur. Since my last post a “crash” happened once.

The good news is that although the errors occurred it did NOT require me to restart the unity. It resolved itself. 

From the old Apple Quadro 950 to HP Z8xx. My current own system: 1x Z420 E5 1650 16GB memory, 128GB SSD, 1x XW8600, 2x 3.0Ghz Quadcore, 12GB memory... [view my complete system specs]

Jeroen van Eekeres 

Technical director, Broadcast support engineer, Avid ACSR.

Always have a backup of your projects....Always!!!! Yes Always!!!!

A.V.I.D....... Another Version In Development

www.mediaoffline.com

• Fri, Apr 16 2010 9:24 PM In reply to

• John Cruz
    • Not Ranked
    • Bogotá, Colombia
    • Posts 7
    • Points 80

It was connected this way so that I could manage remotely the lanshare (We opted for this way before going with the other way using the second network card), I know it's not supported by Avid but I haven't had problems except the one described earlier.

John

Media Composer 8.6.5 - HP Z840-32GB-Nvidia Quadro M4000-DNxIO ISIS 5500 64TB + 64TB Expansion ISIS 5000 32TB + 32TB Expansion Interplay 3.5 iNEWS 3... [view my complete system specs]
  • Sat, Apr 17 2010 1:00 AM In reply to

• John Cruz
    • Not Ranked
    • Bogotá, Colombia
    • Posts 7
    • Points 80

Sorry for the repost, I had to rewrite the post because of a server error but I see the original message was finally posted.

Media Composer 8.6.5 - HP Z840-32GB-Nvidia Quadro M4000-DNxIO ISIS 5500 64TB + 64TB Expansion ISIS 5000 32TB + 32TB Expansion Interplay 3.5 iNEWS 3... [view my complete system specs]
  • Sun, Apr 18 2010 1:13 PM In reply to

• Baklap
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Hilversum - The Netherlands
    • Posts 6,944
    • Points 82,400
    • Moderator: Avid Xpress Pro PC

Thx Jeroen for that additional info. I will see if i can set the profiler this evening en see how it flies. NAB was fun although i resent the flight there every year more and more.. it is way to far for any normal person not traveling business class :P

I will keep you posted on anything that comes up!

Menno

35+ MC's - 224TB Isis - 2.2 PB Spectra T950 - Interplay - 2 Media Central's - 3 TM's - 2 STP's - 500 TB Isilon - 2 Vantage - MOG SPeedrail... [view my complete system specs]

Twitter Account

"If you do what you did you will get what you got!"

My Keys

• Sun, May 23 2010 11:34 PM In reply to

• jamesdebenham
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 12 2006
    • Brisbane, Australia
    • Posts 57
    • Points 720

We are having this same problem here. So far this semester it has happend a couple of times during office hours on a weekday which whilst annoying was fixable with minimal downtime.

Unfortunatley it happend this weekend and I got in this morning to angry emails from students trying to complete assesment.

I've checked all the event logging on the server in the hope there was something to send to Avid support but not a thing appears.

Has anyone made any progress in resolving this?

MC / PT / NEXIS / INTERPLAY / AIRSPEED / CAPTURE / MEDIA CENTRAL [view my complete system specs]
Page 4 of 4 (51 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller