Latest post Sun, May 23 2010 11:34 PM by jamesdebenham. 50 replies.
Page 3 of 4 (51 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 Next >
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Sat, Jul 11 2009 6:28 PM In reply to

Re: Unity 5.1 "network path not found" driving me crazy

Marianna,

Has any solution to the "network path not found" problem been found? Last week after working for more then 6 weeks without any problem whatsoever all of a sudden again I had 3 times license server crashes, portserver crashes and now also the "network path not found" error.

Please advice.

From the old Apple Quadro 950 to HP Z8xx. My current own system: 1x Z420 E5 1650 16GB memory, 128GB SSD, 1x XW8600, 2x 3.0Ghz Quadcore, 12GB memory... [view my complete system specs]

Jeroen van Eekeres 

Technical director, Broadcast support engineer, Avid ACSR.

Always have a backup of your projects....Always!!!! Yes Always!!!!

A.V.I.D....... Another Version In Development

www.mediaoffline.com

• Sat, Jul 11 2009 8:51 PM In reply to

not sure if it is any help to anyone but when i upgraded to 5.1.1 the problems have seemingly dissapeared........

• Sat, Jul 11 2009 10:11 PM In reply to

You upgraded both client and server?

MC 2020.6, W10, Gigabyte X299M, Intel 9940X, Gigabyte 2080Ti Waterforce, 64GB RAM, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, BM Mini monitor & Dell UP2718Q. MBP 2012... [view my complete system specs]
  • Sat, Jul 11 2009 11:37 PM In reply to

Just so you know I'm on 5.1.2

From the old Apple Quadro 950 to HP Z8xx. My current own system: 1x Z420 E5 1650 16GB memory, 128GB SSD, 1x XW8600, 2x 3.0Ghz Quadcore, 12GB memory... [view my complete system specs]

Jeroen van Eekeres 

www.mediaoffline.com

• Sun, Jul 12 2009 9:46 AM In reply to

yes, upgraded all componants to 5.1.1 and checked binding orders of the nics etc and ran static ip's on all machines but i believe the 5.1.1 was the biggest part of the "fix".....

hope it helps ;)

• Mon, Feb 1 2010 12:27 AM In reply to

Has this Avid Acknowledged problem been fixed?

Had a client this weekend getting the same issue - running 5.1.1 on server/clients.

I was told by on-staff techs that even the newer releases of MN DO NOT solve this problem. Is this true?

Really annoying when you have two separate companies sharing the same Unity. Seems like this thread has been going on for quite sometime.

Thanks - an official word from Avid would do wonders in dissipating blame on Rental Facility.

• Mon, Feb 1 2010 12:38 AM In reply to

BTW,

This Customer experiencing the same thing where it won't MOUNT only the Projects WS??

Saw another post about the same thing in this string.

Is that typical??

Thanks,

Joe

• Mon, Feb 1 2010 12:49 AM In reply to

• timleavy
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Dec 11 2008
    • Posts 3
    • Points 45

Yep, we had the exact same problem with just teh porject WS not mounting. I couldnt work out how the unity always had the issue with project WS, i mean, how does it know! To th unity its just another WS. At one point i thought is was something to do with the size (project is always smaller that the media WS) i increased a project WS tp about 500gb, but still no joy. The only thing i can think is that its the one WS that has the small project information being written to it constantly.

We ran around doing test for avid in singapore, to the point of instaling little apps to read the errors to send back to avid, but in the end we got away from ethernet on our last two suites and went fibre. It is a problem ive know about for about 2 years and its still not fixed!

• Mon, Feb 1 2010 6:22 AM In reply to

In a week or 2 I hope 2 projects on my Unity running MN 5.1.1 will finish and give me a window of a week to experiment. I'm not having the "projects" workspace problem but do have intermittent portserver crashes for which I am trying to find a cause.

Moving away from ethernet is the only cure at this point.

Jeroen van Eekeres 

www.mediaoffline.com

• Sat, Feb 6 2010 12:50 PM In reply to

• Alexcosta87
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Fri, Feb 16 2007
    • Italy
    • Posts 7
    • Points 85

I use a simple workaround:

always leave a machine connected to the disk that usually gives the error.
    For example, the problem occurs when:

Restart Unity --> all the clients connect and work --> the client end of work and all logoff from the Unity, --> try to re connect to the disk "XYZ" and gives the error.

if you leave a machine (other than Unity) always connected to the disc that gives the error (in my case they are always the same, including the Projects disk -.-) the problem does not occur.

for example I use a ingest machine with MC, that night remains connected, and the problem does not occur. In the end is enough that at least one machine has ever mounted the disk indicted. Use this workaround in 2 different Reality Show, and so I have no problems.

is a workaround rather simple and stupid, I know, but it works, and so they can avoid getting up early every morning to restart Unity.

Bye and sorry for my bad English.

Alex Wink

7 Media Composer Adrenaline, approximately 30 Media Composer Nitris DX / Mojo SDI / Mojo, 8 Newscutter, 4 LanShare Unity, 2 Unity MediaNetwork... [view my complete system specs]

"when an Avid has a problem, usually the problem is the editor"

• Fri, Mar 19 2010 10:59 PM In reply to

• John Cruz
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Bogotá, Colombia
    • Posts 7
    • Points 80

I had this problem once when our IT department helped me to connect the Avid (Asanté) switch to the local network. He configured it and routed to local network. Suddenly i satarted to see those messages.

The clients had the alacritec connected to the 1GB switch but the onboard NIC connected to the local network I supposed it was trying to route trough the local network and not directly trhough the Asante switch (Routing configuration)... I disconnected the onboard NIC to prove, but as i recall well, that was not enough, I had to leave blank the gateway of the alacritec on network config on the lanshare. After that, I havent had one single "Network path not found" message.

HTH

Media Composer 8.6.5 - HP Z840-32GB-Nvidia Quadro M4000-DNxIO ISIS 5500 64TB + 64TB Expansion ISIS 5000 32TB + 32TB Expansion Interplay 3.5 iNEWS 3... [view my complete system specs]
  • Mon, Apr 5 2010 5:53 PM In reply to

• Baklap
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Hilversum - The Netherlands
    • Posts 6,944
    • Points 82,400
    • Moderator: Avid Xpress Pro PC

Can you elaborate on this post once more please? Having the same issues as all in this post. 2 Media Network systems both 16 tb with 8 clients all ethernet. Never had any issuesd with the lanshare but the MN5 craps out at least 2 times a week with a network path not found. We have now a procedure where we reboot the server 2 times a week to prevent our customers from having downtime.

Both systems are somehow connected to another LAN as well so i am very curious on this post but seem unable to get he full mesaage :)

Menno

35+ MC's - 224TB Isis - 2.2 PB Spectra T950 - Interplay - 2 Media Central's - 3 TM's - 2 STP's - 500 TB Isilon - 2 Vantage - MOG SPeedrail... [view my complete system specs]

Twitter Account

"If you do what you did you will get what you got!"

My Keys

• Thu, Apr 8 2010 9:19 PM In reply to

Menno,

I have not found a solution but since I do not have more then 21 workspaces at this moment, I switched of dynamic mounting. Every time I saw a portserver problem the unity could not un-mount one of the workspaces. leaving these workspaces un-shared. This sometimes caused the network path not found in my case.

Since I switched off dynamic mounting on the unity I did not have the issue again.

Jeroen van Eekeres 

www.mediaoffline.com

• Tue, Apr 13 2010 10:44 PM In reply to

• John Cruz
    • Not Ranked
    • Bogotá, Colombia
    • Posts 7
    • Points 80

Attached is a diagram of the setup we have and there is the path I think the edit stations were trying to use in order to connect before the changes (Red path) and the other path after the changes (Green path).
    The problem was solved as soon as I ensured that the green path was the only path they have to communicate to the Lanshare. It would be nice to try it when you get the error message. (Perhaps disconnecting the other network cards so that they don't have a second way to connect.

Hope I made myself clear

John

Media Composer 8.6.5 - HP Z840-32GB-Nvidia Quadro M4000-DNxIO ISIS 5500 64TB + 64TB Expansion ISIS 5000 32TB + 32TB Expansion Interplay 3.5 iNEWS 3... [view my complete system specs]
  • Wed, Apr 14 2010 1:05 PM In reply to

Hi,

May I ask why you connected the one switch with the other? That is clearly going to create problems.

Jeroen van Eekeres 

www.mediaoffline.com

Page 3 of 4 (51 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 Next >

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller