Latest post Wed, Dec 3 2008 10:57 PM by jwrl. 11 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (12 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Tue, Nov 4 2008 11:09 AM

• aszasz
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Tue, Nov 4 2008
    • Warsaw
    • Posts 6
    • Points 80

DNA detected hardware underrun error

Hi

That's the problem: during digital cut for BetaCam SP or DVCam it appears. Hardware underrun error.

I've read all the posts from the past here. And tried suggestions. Nothing, it's the same all the time.

I've made new project, I've cleaned MCSite and User Settings, I've disabled audio card (in BIOS), I've changed video res. on monitor to 16bites, I've moved firewire card to 2nd slot. NOthing. After few seconds or f.ex. 15 minutes error appears.

I was thinking about uptading system to xw8400 or something like that but I've found here that people with this workstation have this problem also.

Waiting for responses

MC 2.8.4, Mojo (analog), Pentium P4 2.8GHz, Biostar Mainboard P4M900-M4, 2 x 1GB 533MHz DDR2 SDRAM, GeForce 7600GT (PCI-Ex16), Texas Instr. Firewire -... [view my complete system specs]
    Filed under: , ,
  • Tue, Nov 4 2008 11:13 AM In reply to

Re: DNA detected hardware underrun error

what is on your timeline (resolution?) can you give more details on your specs... hardware and software? What kind of disks? How are those connected?

Dell Precision 670, Xeon 3Ghz 3GB Memory 1 x 250 systemdisk, Gb 2x500 Gb datadisks, 4x 1Tb datadisks, Soundblaster Audigy, Quadro FX 1400, MC latest, Mojo... [view my complete system specs]

http://www.AvidUserGroup.NL fcp2avid

"The Technology Is Not Guilty" - Nicolas Philibert quoted in "Documentary in the digital age" by Maxine Baker (2006)

• Tue, Nov 4 2008 11:21 AM In reply to

• jwrl
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Melbourne, Australia
    • Posts 8,411
    • Points 97,300

How are your media drives connected?  Hardware underruns are most commonly due to drive speed issues.

MC 7.0.4 - Asus P6T Deluxe V2 mobo - Intel i7 920 2.66GHz - Windows 7 Ult64 SP1 - nVidia Quadro FX 1800 - 16 Gbyte low latency DDR3 RAM - Internal 8 Tb... [view my complete system specs]
  • Tue, Nov 4 2008 12:15 PM In reply to

• aszasz
    • Not Ranked
    • Warsaw
    • Posts 6
    • Points 80

timeline is set in best resolution

There are two harddiscs in IDE slot and two other in SATA. I need to check out how speed they are.

MC 2.8.4, Mojo (analog), Pentium P4 2.8GHz, Biostar Mainboard P4M900-M4, 2 x 1GB 533MHz DDR2 SDRAM, GeForce 7600GT (PCI-Ex16), Texas Instr. Firewire -... [view my complete system specs]
  • Tue, Nov 4 2008 1:44 PM In reply to

ok. what happens when you set tl quality to yellow/green. Disks should have 7200 rps minimum.

Dell Precision 670, Xeon 3Ghz 3GB Memory 1 x 250 systemdisk, Gb 2x500 Gb datadisks, 4x 1Tb datadisks, Soundblaster Audigy, Quadro FX 1400, MC latest, Mojo... [view my complete system specs]

"The Technology Is Not Guilty" - Nicolas Philibert quoted in "Documentary in the digital age" by Maxine Baker (2006)

• Tue, Nov 4 2008 2:16 PM In reply to

• aszasz
    • Not Ranked
    • Warsaw
    • Posts 6
    • Points 80

thanks, i will check it out tomorrow 'cause i dont have it at home.

So, when its set to yellow/green discs should have speed at least 7200, is that right? What about whole green?

• Tue, Nov 4 2008 11:03 PM In reply to

no, the speed should always be 7200 rps min.

Whole green means a lot of data ... green yellow is less data. So your disk or bus might not be able to keep up.

• Mon, Nov 17 2008 2:25 AM In reply to

• aszasz
    • Not Ranked
    • Warsaw
    • Posts 6
    • Points 80

OK

I have checked the disks: All have 7200rpm - see details of my hardware - I have updated it.

When the "quality button" is yellow/green and I make digital cut -> the button automatically turns to green and the recording is beginning. And the error appears

I made the mixdowns (video and audio) and have put it to one drive (and then to another) - during the digital cut still error appears.

Maybe these BIOS settings will tell something:

SATA Controller Mode : IDE    (the second option to choose is "RAID")

VIA OnChip PCI Device:   soundcard: disabled

LAN Controller : enabled

LAN Boot ROM : disabled

ONBoard VGE Ap. Size : 128M (there's option: 256M)

VGA Share Memory Size : 128M (also there's an option: 256M)

Finally I have set in Digital Cut "RT DV25" (instead of RT DNA) - and I managed to record over 20 minutes without errors to tape. So far, so good - but its good only for DVCams. For putting to BetaCam tapes its lowering the quality.

Do you have any suggestions how to make digital cut with RT DNA with no DIO hardware underrun errors?

• Tue, Nov 18 2008 5:31 PM In reply to

• aszasz
    • Not Ranked
    • Warsaw
    • Posts 6
    • Points 80

Hardware Underrun Error during the Digital Cut

Hi, I was previously foruming with this problem but finally got no suggestions...

So I decided to write it one more time...

That's the problem: during digital cut for BetaCam SP or DVCam it appears. Hardware underrun error.

I've read all the posts from the past here. And tried suggestions. Nothing, it's the same all the time.

I've made new project, I've cleaned MCSite and User Settings, I've disabled audio card (in BIOS), I've changed video res. on monitor to 16bites, I've moved firewire card to 2nd slot. NOthing. After few seconds or f.ex. 15 minutes error appears.

I was thinking about uptading system to xw8400 or something like that but I've found here that people with this workstation have this problem also.

I have checked the disks: All have 7200rpm - see details of my hardware.

When the "quality button" is yellow/green and I make digital cut -> the button automatically turns to green and the recording is beginning. And the error appears

I made the mixdowns (video and audio) and have put it to one drive (and then to another) - during the digital cut still error appears.

Maybe these BIOS settings will tell something:

SATA Controller Mode : IDE    (the second option to choose is "RAID")

VIA OnChip PCI Device:   soundcard: disabled

LAN Controller : enabled

LAN Boot ROM : disabled

ONBoard VGE Ap. Size : 128M (there's option: 256M)

VGA Share Memory Size : 128M (also there's an option: 256M)

Finally I have set in Digital Cut "RT DV25" (instead of RT DNA) - and I managed to record over 20 minutes without errors to tape. So far, so good - but its good only for DVCams. For putting to BetaCam tapes its lowering the quality.

Do you have any suggestions how to make digital cut with RT DNA with no DIO hardware underrun errors?

• Tue, Nov 18 2008 9:31 PM In reply to

• jwrl
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Melbourne, Australia
    • Posts 8,411
    • Points 97,300

Re: Hardware Underrun Error during the Digital Cut

If you're using a PCI-e display card you don't need your on-board display active at all.  Your on-board VGA should be disabled, and the aperture and share memory settings shouldn't be able to be set.  With the on-board VGA active you will have conflicts.

MC 7.0.4 - Asus P6T Deluxe V2 mobo - Intel i7 920 2.66GHz - Windows 7 Ult64 SP1 - nVidia Quadro FX 1800 - 16 Gbyte low latency DDR3 RAM - Internal 8 Tb... [view my complete system specs]
  • Wed, Dec 3 2008 7:02 PM In reply to

• aszasz
    • Not Ranked
    • Warsaw
    • Posts 6
    • Points 80

Hi

I set up VGA Share Memory Size to disabled in BIOS and everything seems to be ok. So, we'll see in the future.

Thank you jwrl for helping!!!

• Wed, Dec 3 2008 10:57 PM In reply to

• jwrl
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Melbourne, Australia
    • Posts 8,411
    • Points 97,300

Glad it helped.

Page 1 of 1 (12 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller