Latest post Fri, Oct 31 2008 3:38 PM by Radishfeet. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Fri, Oct 31 2008 2:40 PM

• Radishfeet
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Fri, Oct 31 2008
    • Posts 4
    • Points 30

Hi

I'm new to the Avid forum but have an urgent question.  A colleague is working on a 70min project edited in Avid Xpress Pro v. 5.7.2.  The project was shot on the Panasonic HVX 200 at 720p 23.97fps to P2 cards.  It has now been edited and we are looking to create an EDL and then re-link the media on another system (Mac  FCP) for colour correction.  The person doing the colour correction is only comfortable working in Apple's Colour  software.  The problem that we are  encountering is that the  clip timecode in the EDL is randomly scrambled.  The sequence TC is accurate, the clip names are accurate, the reel numbers are non-existent since the P2 media was never assigned a tape number but FCP seems to be able to relink the footage based solely on the clip name (although it's a bloody pain).  Any tips?  The problem seems to be occuring in the transfer from Xpress to EDL manager as the EDL on the FCP side looks the same as the one in EDL manager.  We've tried removing all effects and transitions, only doing one video track at a time, doing small 11 edit subsections of the sequence.  Also when we create the EDL we are careful to make sure that everything is online before attemting the EDL.  We manually edited the small EDL in notepad and sent that to FCP and everything was peachy but it's a 70 minute piece (at least 4000+ edits) and while we're not on a  strict deadline  time is still valuable.  Would an OMF or XML file possibly do the trick?

EDL manager 23.7.2

sorry for the lengthy post but I wanted to be thorough in describing the situation.

• Fri, Oct 31 2008 3:38 PM In reply to

• Radishfeet
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Fri, Oct 31 2008
    • Posts 4
    • Points 30

Re: EDL

Just an add on:

EDL manager seems to be reading the absolute number and then using that as the clip TC making me feel that I'm just an idiot and have missed something (isn't that always the way)   I believe I've tried setting the  source timecode to every option in the list in EDL manager.  Please someone tell me what the magic button is.  

thanks

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller