Latest post Fri, Oct 10 2008 9:06 AM by Achilles. 6 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Thu, Oct 9 2008 11:03 AM

• Achilles
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Mon, Oct 6 2008
    • Sweden
    • Posts 11
    • Points 85

MC 3.05 update doesn't work

Hi to all!

I upgrade to MC 3.0 just on 5th Oct. and I got the first trouble by trying to capture HDV. yesterday I updated to OSX 10.5.5 and then by following the instructions I installed (clean) the MC 3.0.5 update, but after that it isn't possible to run the program. I got the problem details but I can't understand a lot. It goes like that: 

Exception Type:  EXC_BREAKPOINT (SIGTRAP)

Exception Codes: 0x0000000000000002, 0x0000000000000000

Crashed Thread:  0

Dyld Error Message:

Symbol not found: __Z15AVolumeIsLocked7OSVolIDb

Referenced from: /Applications/Avid Media Composer/AvidMediaComposer.app/Contents/MacOS/libameLibrary.dylib

Expected in: /Library/Application Support/Avid/libCore.dylib

Is it possible to get some help to fix this problem?

I purchase MC 3 for to work on a stabile system but the only thing I got is to study the software problems. My own work goes not further this way. Please help

MC 3.1.3, Avid mojo DNA, MacBook Pro 2,5 GHz, Intel Core duo, Mac OSX Leopard 10.5.5, 2GB RAM [view my complete system specs]
  • Thu, Oct 9 2008 1:51 PM In reply to

• BLKDOG
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Lansing, MI
    • Posts 17,731
    • Points 226,380
    • Avid Employee
      Moderator: MCA Mac
      Moderator: MCA PC

Re: MC 3.05 update doesn't work

This is usually because you did not completely uninstall a previous version. If you want to simply ensure that you hav killed everything froma previous version, just do a simple archive and install of the OS. Then download the 10.5.5 combo updater and install that. Once thata's done, reinstall the Avid software.

Project Manager, Avid Professional Services - Americas [view my complete system specs]

In agreement, Unity. In Disagreement, Discussion. In all things, Charity.

• Thu, Oct 9 2008 2:39 PM In reply to

• janusz
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Paris
    • Posts 394
    • Points 4,570

Another method is to do a manual uninstall... See my post here: http://community.avid.com/forums/p/61263/343639.aspx#343639

The error you're seeing is due to an inconsistency between the dynamic library files and the Avid application - the installer did not properly install MC and some files belonging to 3.0 were left behind.   This could be caused by the files being in use when the installer was run (you should always reboot before reinstalling Avid for this reason - if you have set Avid to auto-start with the session this should also be deactivated beforehand) -  the installer should fail in this situation but as your problem points out, this doesn't seem to be the case.

Janusz

MC 2018.12 / OS 10.12.6 + others elsewhere [view my complete system specs]
  • Thu, Oct 9 2008 3:08 PM In reply to

• Achilles
    • Not Ranked
    • Sweden
    • Posts 11
    • Points 85

Ok guys. I just cleaned carefully the previews MC and installed again and it seems to work properly. But I have to run it a bit for to be sure. Anyway thanks a lot.

MC 3.1.3, Avid mojo DNA, MacBook Pro 2,5 GHz, Intel Core duo, Mac OSX Leopard 10.5.5, 2GB RAM [view my complete system specs]
  • Thu, Oct 9 2008 10:10 PM In reply to

• Achilles
    • Not Ranked
    • Sweden
    • Posts 11
    • Points 85

I'll be crazy. I show it working, I mean the MC was running normally, I start it and quite many times and then I installed all the third party applications. I restarted and boom. The same error again. Is it possible to get this because of a 3rd party program?

Oh God! Did I have to uninstall and install all this once again?

Did you have an idea about what can be the problem this time? 

• Fri, Oct 10 2008 8:54 AM In reply to

• janusz
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Paris
    • Posts 394
    • Points 4,570

Which 3rd party applications did you install exactly?  Could you have a look in /Library/Application Support/Avid/, click on libCore.dylib, press Command+I and look at the modification date of this file.  It should be 18th September 2008 07:41 for version 3.0.5.  If it isn't then one of the installers is overwriting it.  

It is very important that you install all the other applications such as FilmScribe, EDL manager etc. from the same version (i.e. the same dmg file) as the Avid application (they are in the "Other installers" folder).  Otherwise you will get this problem.  Third party applications would not install the problem file (which is part of the Avid core runtime)

Janusz

MC 2018.12 / OS 10.12.6 + others elsewhere [view my complete system specs]
  • Fri, Oct 10 2008 9:06 AM In reply to

• Achilles
    • Not Ranked
    • Sweden
    • Posts 11
    • Points 85

Yes I thing you are right. It is possible that I installed some applications from the folder of the previous release. I uninstall and install everything again and it works now. I also checked some basic functions and everything seems to be ok. Happy again.

Thank you.

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller