Latest post Sun, Sep 28 2008 1:16 AM by Larry Rubin. 11 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (12 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Sat, Sep 27 2008 4:02 PM

Match frame

Hi,

I am very fond of the match frame feature.

For some reason with MC 3 (PC, no hardware, dual core, 4GB RAM) I get a message box ordering me to mount a tape. Is there something here that I am overlooking? I just want to locate a frame in the original footage...

• Sat, Sep 27 2008 4:12 PM In reply to

Re: Match frame

How are you invoking the Match Frame?  Keyboard or clicking the icon?

Kenton VanNatten | Avid Editor (for hire)

"I am not obsessed... I'm detail-oriented"

• Sat, Sep 27 2008 4:39 PM In reply to

That's very strange, because the dialog box you're referring to is part of the batch capture process, not the match frame function. Match framing should not bring up any additional dialog. It might be time to rebuild the site settings files.

Newscutter Nitris DX 9.5.3.5 * Media Composer 5.5.3.6 (At Home on PC running XP Pro) * Symphony 6.5.2.1 (At home on MacBook Pro3,1 running 10.7.2) * Interplay... [view my complete system specs]

Larry Rubin

Senior Editor

The Pentagon Channel

www.pentagonchannel.mil

• Sat, Sep 27 2008 7:09 PM In reply to

Oh I got the problem. There are now two additional match frame icons that do other hings. Managed to locate the original one :)

• Sat, Sep 27 2008 7:16 PM In reply to

The frame icon that is black character on a light field is "match frame"

The frame icon that is white character on a dark field is "reverse match frame"

I know of no other match frame icons. Have you found a third one?

Newscutter Nitris DX 9.5.3.5 * Media Composer 5.5.3.6 (At Home on PC running XP Pro) * Symphony 6.5.2.1 (At home on MacBook Pro3,1 running 10.7.2) * Interplay... [view my complete system specs]

Larry Rubin

Senior Editor

The Pentagon Channel

www.pentagonchannel.mil

• Sat, Sep 27 2008 7:56 PM In reply to

Yes, please post a screen shot of this "new" match frame icon

Kenton VanNatten | Avid Editor (for hire)

"I am not obsessed... I'm detail-oriented"

• Sun, Sep 28 2008 12:21 AM In reply to

• ctrl+z
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Sat, Jul 14 2007
    • Posts 20
    • Points 250

Isn't that "Find Frame"?

Command Palette > Other

Icon looks like a small video monitor. Function implemented in MC at least two years ago. Very useful.

MC7, mojo DX, xw8600, 24GB RAM, quadro FX3700, 12TB LSI raid 6, Win 7 [view my complete system specs]
  • Sun, Sep 28 2008 12:27 AM In reply to

Not at my Avid right now so I can't confirm. How does it differ in function from match frame? Or reverse match frame?

Larry Rubin

Senior Editor

The Pentagon Channel

www.pentagonchannel.mil

• Sun, Sep 28 2008 12:31 AM In reply to

• ctrl+z
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 20
    • Points 250

Larry Rubin:

How does it differ in function from match frame? Or reverse match frame?

Locates frame under the cursor directly on source tape without the need for manually typing TC in capture window.

MC7, mojo DX, xw8600, 24GB RAM, quadro FX3700, 12TB LSI raid 6, Win 7 [view my complete system specs]
  • Sun, Sep 28 2008 12:39 AM In reply to

ctrl+z:
    Locates frame under the cursor...

What frame are you referring to? It sounds like this is a function tied to the capture tool.

Larry Rubin

Senior Editor

The Pentagon Channel

www.pentagonchannel.mil

• Sun, Sep 28 2008 12:56 AM In reply to

• ctrl+z
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 20
    • Points 250

Larry Rubin:

What frame are you referring to? It sounds like this is a function tied to the capture tool.

Not necessarily. You park the cursor on the desired frame, press Find Frame button - then system prompts you for inserting required tape and cues the deck. Invoking capture tool is optional but still necessary for capturing anything.

btw. sorry for my English Smile

• Sun, Sep 28 2008 1:16 AM In reply to

OK, I can see where that would be handy if you had to quickly re-capture a clip over again at a later time, which can also be done with the batch capture function. Can't see much of any other use for it, though.

Larry Rubin

Senior Editor

The Pentagon Channel

www.pentagonchannel.mil

Page 1 of 1 (12 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller