Latest post Mon, Sep 7 2015 10:09 AM by SuperNizar. 6 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Thu, Aug 28 2008 6:45 PM

• mshallow
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Aug 28 2008
    • Posts 5
    • Points 55

SATURN TUTORIAL???

Does anyone know where i could locate the media for the AVID tutorial with the saturn commercial footage? (Its the one with the chicken farmer) Any leads would be of great help.

• Thu, Aug 28 2008 9:40 PM In reply to

Re: SATURN TUTORIAL???

Is this the one you are talking about?

http://learn.avid.com/content/tutorials/xpro/tutorial.html

There are a number of free tutorials here: http://learn.avid.com/content/tutorials/

https://www.youtube.com/avidevangelistbob [view my complete system specs]

-- Bob Russo Principal Product Designer for Broadcast Storage & Editor Products

Bob Russo on Expert Connections

• Fri, Aug 29 2008 12:52 PM In reply to

• mshallow
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 5
    • Points 55

No, thats not the one i was looking for, but it does feature some of the footage from the saturn tutorial. The same footage is also featured in the 14 AVID Free DV video tutorials. The tutorial I was looking for was packaged with AVID Xpress DV.  It was a hands-on tutorial with a sample project and media. Similiar to the Boston sample media that was packaged with the Media Composer 2.7

Thanks for your help

• Wed, Sep 3 2008 7:13 PM In reply to

• Adman
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Atlanta Georgia, USA
    • Posts 5,292
    • Points 59,645
    • BlogAuthor
      Moderator: Avid Free DV
      Moderator: Avid Xpress DV PC
      Moderator: Avid Xpress Studio
      Moderator: MCA PC

Just curious...why do you need it? Do you have an Xpress DV license?

Mac Pro. MC 8.9.1. Pro Tools 11 HD (Mbox 3 Pro), iPad Pro 12.9". 17" Macbook Pro i7 with 8Gb Ram, 500gb drive. Dell Precision 650, 3.06 Ghz,... [view my complete system specs]
  • Thu, Sep 4 2008 1:21 PM In reply to

• mshallow
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 5
    • Points 55

I work for a Unversity that uses this tutorial as part of a media production course. The media was deleted and the installation disc has gone missing. We do have a Xpress DV license.

• Fri, Sep 5 2008 6:21 PM In reply to

• mshallow
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 5
    • Points 55

BobRusso came through with the video footage I was looking for. Thanks again Bob.

Now, all I need is the audio clip that came with the tutorial. One clip has both the narration and music for the sequnce. I also need the the Saturn Logo still.

• Mon, Sep 7 2015 10:09 AM In reply to

• SuperNizar
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Mon, Sep 7 2015
    • Posts 1
    • Points 5

Bob, I noticed this thread was from a long time ago, but I just bought this book from half price book store.  I found the audio file for the calvin project but haven't been able to find the footage.  Is there a place I can download the footage so I can start editing on the AVid software?

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller