Latest post Mon, Jul 20 2009 10:39 PM by MC2. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Wed, Aug 27 2008 10:51 PM

Before you shoot, download the new Camera Compatibility Fact Sheets

Newly redesigned and updated Camera Fact Sheets are now available on the Avid Whitepaper Library for:

- Sony XDCAM Camera Fact Sheet (includes XDCAM, XDCAM HD, XDCAM EX)

- JVC ProHD

- Panasonic P2 Camera Fact Sheet (includes DVCPRO HD, AVC-I)

- Canon HDV Camera Fact Sheet

These handy PDF reference sheets include supported camera and device models, a mapping of the camera formats to Avid project types, workflow benefits, and a sample workflow.

Filed under: , , , , , ,
  • Mon, Jul 20 2009 1:06 AM In reply to

• MC2
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Sat, Jul 19 2008
    • Australia
    • Posts 63
    • Points 695

Re: Before you shoot, download the new Camera Compatibility Fact Sheets

The Canon HV20 manual says that the camera can play PAL HDV tape shot at 1080i on other Avid qualified Canon cameras.

Tape shot in this format (1080i/50) on the HV20 cannot be captured in MC3.5.4 via Mojo SDI. The application freezes and has to be quit and restarted, is there any way to capture HDV from this camera?

MC5.5.3, OS10.6.8,MacPro8Core 2.8Ghz,14GbRAM ;4Tb RAID;Mojo SDI;Io AJA,J3SDI, Matrox MiniMax [view my complete system specs]
  • Mon, Jul 20 2009 2:13 AM In reply to

• NICKB
    • Top 100 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Posts 1,182
    • Points 16,295

Mojo SDI is standard def only, so you cannot feed 1080i into it.

• Mon, Jul 20 2009 5:17 AM In reply to

• MC2
    • Not Ranked
    • Australia
    • Posts 63
    • Points 695

Thanks Nick, I've succeeded in getting Avid to "see" the HDV stream from the camera but when I try to capture it starts but then stops and flags "video present but not captured". I get the same result connecting the camera directly to the Firewire port on the Mac and opeing the capture tool. FCP captures through an older G5 without any problems... Any thoughts? HDV is listed as a valid format under the format/ 1440x1081 raster size selection.

MC5.5.3, OS10.6.8,MacPro8Core 2.8Ghz,14GbRAM ;4Tb RAID;Mojo SDI;Io AJA,J3SDI, Matrox MiniMax [view my complete system specs]
  • Mon, Jul 20 2009 10:39 PM In reply to

• MC2
    • Not Ranked
    • Australia
    • Posts 63
    • Points 695

Nick, for anyone who needs them,  the settings to successfully capture 1080i/50fps HDV from a PAL Canon MV20 camera are:

In a PAL project connect the camera directly to the front firewire port (on an Apple MacPro) disconnect any Adrenaline hardware (Mojo SDI for instance).                                                                                                                                  In the Format tab set the Project Type to 1080i/50 and the Raster to 1440x1080                                                Turn on and configure the camera/deck as a Generic DV Basic Device-PAL.                                                                    In the Capture Tool set the Resolution to HDV 1080i MXF. The Video and Audio inputs should indicate it is coming from Host-1394.     Set the tape name when prompted and capture as normal.

You can export the sequence in it's native 1440x1080 as a Quicktime Refernce DV and select HDV.

Hope this helps.

Sorry about the text formating the text editor seems to have gone crazy.

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller