Latest post Sun, Sep 7 2008 11:34 PM by malefunktion. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Tue, Aug 12 2008 7:58 AM

• brookerwms
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Tue, Aug 12 2008
    • Posts 2
    • Points 30

avid xpress pro can't find any audio cards

I have Avid Xpress Pro on a Vista OS. On startup I recieved the message "Can't find any audio cards in your system" my system came with Realtek High Definition Audio, so I bought a Sound Blaster X-Fi Xtreme Audio card and it still doesn't work!!! Help I need a solution to this problem it's driving me up the wall.

• Tue, Aug 12 2008 8:14 AM In reply to

Re: avid xpress pro can't find any audio cards

Hi,

Xpress Pro isn't qualified to work on Vista, so that could be part of the problem.  If you can go back to Windows XP Pro SP2, that's the first thing I'd suggest.

If not, go to your Windows audio settings and make sure the system is set up to use the Soundblaster card instead of the Realtek card.

If it is, then the next thing I'd suggest is searching this forum for "realtek" because this is a common problem, and there will be a great number of posts with possible workarounds.

good luck,
    Carl

Media Composer 2019.8 w/Symphony/SS/PF options, HP Envy 17t-j100 Quad Edition laptop, Windows 10 Pro, Intel Core i7 2.4GHz, 16 GB RAM, nVidia GeForce GT... [view my complete system specs]

"There is hardly anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper, and the people who only consider the price are this man's lawful prey."  - John Ruskin (1819-1900)

Carl Amoscato | Freelance Film & Video Editor | London, UK

• Tue, Aug 12 2008 4:03 PM In reply to

• brookerwms
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Tue, Aug 12 2008
    • Posts 2
    • Points 30

Thanks i'll give those options a try! 

• Sun, Sep 7 2008 9:21 PM In reply to

• papu
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Wed, Sep 3 2008
    • india
    • Posts 40
    • Points 405

tell me about ur mother board i will tell u

Intel(R) Pentium(r) 3..40GHz. DDR2 ram 2Gb. 1TB of internel Hardisk. Xpress HD. Nvidia Graphic card. [view my complete system specs]

• Sun, Sep 7 2008 11:34 PM In reply to

Rather than relying upon Windows to disable or correctly assign the audio outputs, DISABLE the Realtek card in the computer's BIOS settings. That'll ensure that the hardware is prevented from being accessed by Windows in any capacity.

Then remove any sound software related the RealTek audio (namely drivers).

This will ensure that Windows is using only the X-Fi card and nothing else.

Try that first, but do rememeber that Xpress Pro on Vista is gonna be a very big "Hit or Miss" situation Wink

MSI Neo-2 Platinum Nforce3 Ultra (Bios Rev 1.0D) Athlon64 X2 4200+ (Overclocked to 2 x 2.4GHz) AMD Cool'N'Quiet CPU Throttling 2GB Corsair PC3200... [view my complete system specs]

"When the waters are at their calmest, that's when folk most want to skim their pebbles." - Me

"Be water my friend." - Bruce Lee

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller