Latest post Fri, Jul 11 2008 8:01 PM by icemanxts. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Fri, Jul 11 2008 5:26 PM

• icemanxts
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Mar 29 2007
    • New York
    • Posts 58
    • Points 845

Upgrade from Xpress to Media Composer issue

I'm running PowerMac G5's on 10.4.11 and was on Xpress, we were told by Avid not to upgrade to MC 3.0 but instead do MC 2.8 for now.

I've upgraded 3 editing bays so far, no issue. But on a forth ran into an issue were MC 2.8 would not recognize my Mojo and devices connected to the Mojo.

I un-installed and re-installed the app, nothing. I than called Avid and they said upgrade to Quicktime 7.3, and to uninstall and re-install MC 2.8 without the Mojo connected. Now MC 2.8 will not even open, it bounces in the dock once and nothing else. Tried the uninstall/reinstall twice already and no progress.

Anyone have any ideas? MUCH appreciated. Thanks.

MacPro 2 x 2.66 GHz | 8GB RAM | Mac OS 10.9.5 | Media Composer 8.0.0 [view my complete system specs]
  • Fri, Jul 11 2008 5:52 PM In reply to

Re: Upgrade from Xpress to Media Composer issue

Uninstall everything Avid 'AFTER' the QT upgrade and then install Avid... does that work?  Typically the bouncing icon in the dock means you did not uninstall prior to install.

MC 2018.9, Blackmagic UltraStudio 4K, 12-Core MacPro, 64 GB RAM, 24 TB Thunderbolt Storage [view my complete system specs]

Conformity is the jailer of freedom and the enemy of growth. Motion Inc

• Fri, Jul 11 2008 6:13 PM In reply to

• icemanxts
    • Not Ranked
    • New York
    • Posts 58
    • Points 845

I've uninstalled MC and the Codecs. The only "Avid" folders left on my comp are for the Storage Manager and the Unity (for the Fiber Manager). But those two shouldn't effect this I wouldn't think. 

I don't understand how MC worked the first time I installed it (with the Mojo issue of course) and now it won't.

I've tried uninstalling/re-installing MC with the Mojo on and off after the QT upgrade, still no luck. The MC icon only bounces once when I click it.

MacPro 2 x 2.66 GHz | 8GB RAM | Mac OS 10.9.5 | Media Composer 8.0.0 [view my complete system specs]
  • Fri, Jul 11 2008 7:00 PM In reply to

• BLKDOG
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Lansing, MI
    • Posts 17,731
    • Points 226,380
    • Avid Employee
      Moderator: MCA Mac
      Moderator: MCA PC

The bouncing in the dock is usually caused by a conflict with QT someplace. A lot of the time, just reinstalling QT over what's  there will solve this. 

If you have 2.8 installed, go ahead and install QT 7.4.1. See if that helps.

Project Manager, Avid Professional Services - Americas [view my complete system specs]

In agreement, Unity. In Disagreement, Discussion. In all things, Charity.

• Fri, Jul 11 2008 8:01 PM In reply to

• icemanxts
    • Not Ranked
    • New York
    • Posts 58
    • Points 845

Avid mentioned only upgrading to 7.3, but I tried your suggestion of 7.4.1 which still did not work. The bouncing icons work for other programs, just MC will not bounce more than once and won't open. Thanks for the suggestion though.

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller