Latest post Mon, Jun 9 2008 7:24 PM by styks1987. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Mon, Jun 9 2008 6:29 PM

• styks1987
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, May 1 2008
    • Posts 84
    • Points 1,055

White Glow removal

I am editing a dance recital that was shot with a theatre style of lighting and everything with a lighter color glows and is blown out. It looks ok but i would like to make just a fine adjustment to pull the glow out of the video. Brightness and contrast aren't really doing exactly what i want. I am not sure if it is possible but then again there are a lot of things that are possible that I don;t yet know.

Note. It is not blown out to the point that it is completely white there is still some detail.

Media Composer 3.0, Avid FX, GenArts Saphire 2 3.0 AMD 64 3000+, 4GB DDR2 Corsair, Gigabyte GM590SLI, Geforce 7600GT [view my complete system specs]

Think for yourself...       but take heed of those you have thought before you.

Filed under: , ,
  • Mon, Jun 9 2008 6:33 PM In reply to

Re: White Glow removal

Michael, beyond what you've already done, there's not a lot more you can do to reduce overexposed video. The same goes with slightly over-modulated audio - you cannot fully correct the problem. However, you probably can get some image improvement working with the gamma parameter in the color correction effect. Worth a try anyway. It will help you restore some detail in the image.

Newscutter Nitris DX 9.5.3.5 * Media Composer 5.5.3.6 (At Home on PC running XP Pro) * Symphony 6.5.2.1 (At home on MacBook Pro3,1 running 10.7.2) * Interplay... [view my complete system specs]

Larry Rubin

Senior Editor

The Pentagon Channel

www.pentagonchannel.mil

• Mon, Jun 9 2008 7:24 PM In reply to

• styks1987
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, May 1 2008
    • Posts 84
    • Points 1,055

Re: White Glow removal

Hey Thanks Mr. Rubin. I didn't think it was possible but it doesn't hurt to ask. From your other post on Media Composer v3.0  I learned that I could actually insert a video /audio track below another one! Its those little things that can make a huge difference.

Media Composer 3.0, Avid FX, GenArts Saphire 2 3.0 AMD 64 3000+, 4GB DDR2 Corsair, Gigabyte GM590SLI, Geforce 7600GT [view my complete system specs]

Think for yourself...       but take heed of those you have thought before you.

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller