Latest post Thu, Jun 5 2008 8:01 AM by Marianna. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Thu, Jun 5 2008 7:28 AM

• Marianna
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Avid
    • Posts 9,948
    • Points 214,875
    • Avid Beta Moderators
      Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Developer Moderator
      BlogAuthor
      SystemAdministrator

Avid for Liquid Users: Lesson 25 - The Fluid Morph

The final tutorial in this series created to assist Avid/Pinnacle Liquid users who are considering migrating to or have migrated to Media Composer.

Instead of pointing out problems likely to be encountered in making the migration I decided to end on a more positive note and show one of the features in MC which will make you glad that you did migrate.

One of the many new possibilities available to you in Avid Media Composer

The Fluid Morph!

Regards,
    Douglas

This tutorial can be viewed at "Full-screen" by clicking on the icon on the toolbar

Director of Online Communities and Forums/Customer Advocate [view my complete system specs]

marianna.montague@avid.com

mobile 813-493-6800

Twitter:  avidmarianna

Facebook: Marianna Montague

www.avidcustomerassociation.com   |  Connect 2019 | April 6-7 | Aria, Las Vegas, NV

WWLD

• Thu, Jun 5 2008 7:51 AM In reply to

Re: Avid for Liquid Users: Lesson 20 - Fluid Morph

I think it's great that you've taken on the task of helping Liquid users become accustomed to the ways of the Media Composer. 

The FluidMorph trick is a great one, I use it all the time for interviews - I generally do a 6 frame (centered) duration so the "morphing" is minimized.  Also, there's a setting to switch whether you morph a still frame or video.  That can also help smooth out some of the motion blending.

And finally, if it's an effect you find yourself using over and over with the same custom settings you can click on the effect's icon in the Effect Palette and drag it to a bin to re-use later.  Also, (in the case of FluidMorph especially) if you create a bin named exactly as "Quick Transitions" (minus quotations) and place any Transition type effects in that bin, then when you hit the "Quick Transitions" button ( "\"  on the keyboard) your customized transition fx will appear in the selection list.

MacPro dual 2.66GHz 6GB RAM nVIDIA GeForce 7300 GT Storage: 2TB G-Speed eS with controller card 3x1TB Hitachi SATA-II internals, various external FW/USB... [view my complete system specs]

Kenton VanNatten | Avid Editor (for hire)

"I am not obsessed... I'm detail-oriented"

• Thu, Jun 5 2008 8:01 AM In reply to

• Marianna
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Avid
    • Posts 9,948
    • Points 214,875
    • Avid Beta Moderators
      Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Developer Moderator
      BlogAuthor
      SystemAdministrator

Re: Avid for Liquid Users: Lesson 20 - Fluid Morph

Thanks for the positive feedback.

I have enjoyed making the tutorials and I am getting a few emails from around the world - all with positive reactions.

I run them on my own site too and have had about 900 hits from about 20 countries.

In the next day or so there will be links here on the Avid site to full size QT versions so that newcomers will be able to see them in better detail.

Regards,

Douglas

PS. Thanks, too, for your tips.

Director of Online Communities and Forums/Customer Advocate [view my complete system specs]

marianna.montague@avid.com

mobile 813-493-6800

Twitter:  avidmarianna

Facebook: Marianna Montague

www.avidcustomerassociation.com   |  Connect 2019 | April 6-7 | Aria, Las Vegas, NV

WWLD

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller