Latest post Thu, May 22 2008 7:37 AM by Ervz Tia (Tikboy). 7 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Mon, May 19 2008 12:20 PM

24p Issues <video attached>

Ok, first time to cut 24p.

I know ther's a lot of threads here but I can't find the exact answer...and I do not have a lot of time to do a thorough search. Please forgive me for posting.

I stated a 23.976 project. I captured the clips and started editing. Just one miniDV tape source for this project. I shot using the panasonic DVX100--F5 setting.

Everything works fine except :

• -some stuttering clips on playback and on tmeline--most clips are fine! (sample atatched)
    • -DVscene extract does not work

I tried: changing 24p settings, advanced/standard pulldown--no luck.

Please help me!

Avid MC 8.3 | OSX 10.8.5 | MacPro 8-Core, 24 GB | HDV/H264/AVCHD/DV/, Sony HVR-Z1/Z7, Canon EOS [view my complete system specs]

Ervz Tia | Video Productions
    WM Communications, Asia-Pacific | Philippines

--

Filed under: , , , , ,
  • Mon, May 19 2008 12:36 PM In reply to

Re: 24p Issues <video attached>

Why are you editing (23.97) 24p at all? Why not 30i?

HP z840, with dual E5-2634 v4 Xeon processors at 2.2ghz (10 cores each). 32GB ram. NVIDIA m4000 video card. EVO SAN with 96tb and raid 5 over Cat6. Artist... [view my complete system specs]

I think we need a few more digital HD formats

• Mon, May 19 2008 12:38 PM In reply to

• NDLC21
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Tue, Jul 3 2007
    • Posts 28
    • Points 420

This might seem blindingly obvious but have you cleaned your capture device and tape ? 

• Wed, May 21 2008 3:32 AM In reply to

Thanks.

My tape and deck is clean. Playback on deck is smooth.

I recaptured the bad clips. I adjusted the batch numbers to 5,10 on the last timecode digit and for some reason, it worked. I'm not even sure if that's what fixed it.

I know I'm causing some irritation to some. I'm just going for a different look...an out of the video look. It's the inhrent (acceptable) strobe and unnatural (but not stuttery) motion. You know what I'm saying.

My first try of this type is actually using the frame mode form CanonXL1. That Immediately gave me what I'm looking for. I guess I just got curious about 24p since my friend's camera is available.

This is a learning experience. I realized that I should have stayed with the XL1-frame mode.

Thanks.

Avid MC 8.3 | OSX 10.8.5 | MacPro 8-Core, 24 GB | HDV/H264/AVCHD/DV/, Sony HVR-Z1/Z7, Canon EOS [view my complete system specs]

--

• Wed, May 21 2008 4:05 AM In reply to

tikboy:
    I adjusted the batch numbers to 5,10 on the last timecode digit and for some reason, it worked.

yep, that's what fixed it. The way 3:2 pulldown works you need to start capture on either the 0, 5, 10, 15, 20, 25 frame to correctly remove the pulldown with the A frame as your first frame.

Follow me at www.twitter.com/redarrowryan [view my complete system specs]
  • Wed, May 21 2008 4:40 AM In reply to

wow...the magic numbers.

I read that somewhere here. What about the DVscene extraction issue? Is this really not available?

thanks.

--

• Wed, May 21 2008 3:31 PM In reply to

Are you outputting to a tape? or to film?

HP z840, with dual E5-2634 v4 Xeon processors at 2.2ghz (10 cores each). 32GB ram. NVIDIA m4000 video card. EVO SAN with 96tb and raid 5 over Cat6. Artist... [view my complete system specs]

I think we need a few more digital HD formats

• Thu, May 22 2008 7:37 AM In reply to

I am ouputting to tape....well, actually to DV stream file.

I will send it to our firends in KC for DVD video (NTSC) compilation.

Fortunately things went fine and I am now doing some finishing touches. Any last tips for exporting?

Thank you.

--

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller