Latest post Thu, Apr 17 2008 11:25 PM by ScottyD. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Thu, Apr 17 2008 10:55 PM

Adrenaline HDV support

I have done research on the boards here and see that the Adrenaline box does not support capturing HDV through it's onboard 1394 port and that you have to use a dedicated port on the computer instead but that it might be supported in the future.  The thread I found that stated that was from around the MC 2.2ish range, and I was just checking to see if that feature had been included as of 2.8?

So basically, with an Adrenaline and Media Composer 2.8 can I capture HDV footage through the built in 1394 port or do I have to connect the HDV source to a dedicated Firewire port somewhere else on the computer?

Thanks!

• Thu, Apr 17 2008 11:25 PM In reply to

• ScottyD
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • New Yawk
    • Posts 89
    • Points 1,195

Re: Adrenaline HDV support

All you have to do is capture via a dedicated FireWire port or onboard FW port. Pick your poison. I usually turn off the Adrenaline BOB when doing this to avoid conflicts. Sometimes, MC bugs out and gives you some weird error message when you have the BOB turned on. Hope this helps.

Scotty D

2.66ghz Core i7 Mac Book Pro 8GB RAM 10.9.3 Media Composer 6.5.2 [view my complete system specs]
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller