Latest post Tue, Apr 15 2008 10:47 AM by amitzinman. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Mon, Apr 14 2008 5:37 PM

• MartinSole
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Posts 2
    • Points 20

Sorensen WMV problems

I have recently installed Avid XPressPro 5.2.4 on my new (and qualified) Dell Precision.  All applications seem to work fine - hooray.  My problem occurs when creating wmv files on a newly purchased Sorensen Squeeze Pro 5.

First attempt to use the new Sorensen flagged up a warning that I needed QT 7.1 or more (I was using 7.0.3 and Sorensen refused to import my QT Ref files).  Using over-advanced versions of QT has given me some real headaches in the past but what choice did I have? I've just splashed $600 on the thing!!  So it was with some trepidation and a bit of system-restore groundwork that I uninstalled 7.0.3 and installed 7.1.  Avid seems to have no objections and operates fine.

The wmv files that Sorensen spits out all have a heavy pixellated bottom edge and any changes to the compression spec seem to have no effect.  The cut looks fine on Avid (it's all at 15:1 at present), looks fine when played on QT, looks fine in Sorensen as a source file but looks awful as a wmv.  As I'm still very much in offline this isn't too much of an issue right now but once I get to online stage it will be.

Any suggestions?

• Tue, Apr 15 2008 10:47 AM In reply to

Re: Sorensen WMV problems

Try upgrading your Windows Media Player to the latest version. I do WMV conversions all the time and they work wonderfully.

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller