Latest post Thu, Jul 31 2008 5:32 PM by jquinn. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Wed, Dec 12 2007 8:57 PM

Avid to DVD trouble

I am trying to go from Adrenline to DVD. I am using the workflow guide from Avid. Exporting Quicktime Reference to Soreneson Squeeze. The video looks pretty good but the audio level is always low. Any tips?

• Wed, Dec 12 2007 9:10 PM In reply to

Re: Avid to DVD trouble

Hi,

What level are you peaking at in Media Composer?

good luck,

Carl

Media Composer 2020.6 w/Symphony/SS/PF options, HP Z-Book G6 17", i7-9850H 2.60GHz, 32gb RAM, NVIDIA Quadro RTX 3000, Windows 10 Pro [view my complete system specs]

"There is hardly anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper, and the people who only consider the price are this man's lawful prey."  - John Ruskin (1819-1900)

Carl Amoscato | Freelance Film & Video Editor | London, UK

• Thu, Dec 13 2007 1:21 PM In reply to

• Thu, Dec 13 2007 3:22 PM In reply to

• applebuckets
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
    • Posts 228
    • Points 2,920

Try making your peak to -8db. When I output to DVD those are the levels I use and the audio sounds good.
    MCA 6.01 hp xw8600 Windows 7 16GB RAM Nvidia FX3700M Matrox MX02 hp xw8400 Windows 7 16GB RAM Nvidia FX3700 MacBook Pro 2.2Ghz, 4GB RAM... [view my complete system specs]
  • Thu, Jul 31 2008 5:32 PM In reply to

• jquinn
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • New Jersey, USA
    • Posts 2
    • Points 20

Bump!

I've been running into similar problems, though our sequences usually peak between -8db and -4db.  We export same-as-source compression quicktime files to a network drive and those files are mastered to dvd using Nero Vision or DVD Studio Pro.  In either case, the audio levels on the resulting dvd are low.  We were running three Avid Adrenalines on a Unity setup at MC 2.7, and since have updated to 3.0, and quicktimes exported before and after the update have had the same result. 

I talked with Avid's support folks, and was told that they've heard similar complaints before, but that Avid doesn't have any settings to boost the audio level of Quicktime files specifically.  Lacking any such setting or option, avid can't do anything once the file's out of the avid.  My next thought was to export QT files with video only, and to export the audio from the sequence as a WAV or AIFF file, and combine them in whichever dvd mastering program.  Any tips?

Avid Adrenaline on Unity vers. 3.0 [view my complete system specs]

J. Quinn Avid Adrenaline Editor Team Productions, New Jersey

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller