Latest post Wed, Dec 28 2011 10:54 AM by Darick Tinker. 12 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (13 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Sun, Dec 11 2005 1:44 PM

• Lars 202
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Sun, Dec 11 2005
    • Posts 1
    • Points 35

ADM DSOUND MIXER OPEN ERROR

Trying to start Avid Free DV this error message stops me. I tried to look at other postings but could not find any guideline to help me.

I have a Fujitsu Siemens Amilo with Intel Pentium M 2.00 GHz, 100 GB,  Realtek High Definition Audio.

Greatful for any help.

Lars

• Mon, Dec 12 2005 4:59 AM In reply to

• EHS
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Mon, Dec 12 2005
    • Posts 80
    • Points 1,350

AW: ADM DSOUND MIXER OPEN ERROR

exactly the same here... please help
    Thank you very much for your support guys!
  • Mon, Dec 12 2005 7:31 PM In reply to

• Melmark
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Tue, Nov 22 2005
    • Canada
    • Posts 15
    • Points 215

Re: ADM DSOUND MIXER OPEN ERROR

Hey guys,

I'm not the best person to answer your question so I may be wrong, but I think the problem is that you don't have an Avid approved soundcard, like Soundblaster.  I'm not quite sure how to work around that besides getting a different soundcard.  I'm sure someone else on this board might know.  Hope this helps.

Mel

EDIT:  Hey guys.  Did a little digging and I'm pretty sure it is a compatibility problem.  Apparently versions of Avid prior to Avid Xpress Pro HD 5.1.6 had a bug and it would crash with Realtek High Definition audio cards.  They fixed this problem in 5.1.6.  If you have a desktop, just replace/add a soundcard.  Because replacing cards for laptops is more difficult, they recommend either you upgrade to 5.1.6 or you get an additional soundcard which is a PCMCIA Soundblaster.  Good luck. Smile [:)]

http://www.dvc.uk.com/news.php?newsID=160  (scroll down to Avid news)

• Mon, Jan 9 2006 2:22 PM In reply to

• EHS
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Mon, Dec 12 2005
    • Posts 80
    • Points 1,350

Crying [:'(] AW: Re: ADM DSOUND MIXER OPEN ERROR

Well, I installed now 5.2.1 and when I start Avid, it say "no audio card was supported in your system"

I thought it was already supported in 5.2.1?

I have the Realtek High Definition audio card in my notebook.

thanks... please help...

Thank you very much for your support guys!
  • Mon, Jan 9 2006 5:00 PM In reply to

• JohnnyReboot
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Southern CA
    • Posts 771
    • Points 9,415

Re: AW: Re: ADM DSOUND MIXER OPEN ERROR

Media Composer v3.5.9.15-HP xw8000-TYAN Mobo S2663-Dual 2.8 Xeons-Windows XP Pro SP3-Hyperthreading On-3G RAM-Executed Install3GB.bat-Page File Initial... [view my complete system specs]

That's right...an xw8000.

• Tue, Jan 24 2006 1:01 PM In reply to

• Baklap
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Hilversum - The Netherlands
    • Posts 6,944
    • Points 82,400
    • Moderator: Avid Xpress Pro PC

Re: AW: Re: ADM DSOUND MIXER OPEN ERROR

I think there is also a driver issue witrh certain realtek cards. I can confirm that it works with realtek HD chips.. at least it did on our test laptop after version 5.1.6. For FreeDV and Xpress DV you are out of luck .. no support there... yet....

Menno
    35+ MC's - 224TB Isis - 2.2 PB Spectra T950 - Interplay - 2 Media Central's - 3 TM's - 2 STP's - 500 TB Isilon - 2 Vantage - MOG SPeedrail... [view my complete system specs]

Twitter Account

"If you do what you did you will get what you got!"

My Keys

• Wed, Jan 25 2006 8:14 PM In reply to

• wmmedia
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 9
    • Points 115

Tested with FS Amilo M3438 and Avid Xpress Pro HD 5.2.1. All work great. Sound plays (Realtek HDA inside!). S-Video output generates full frame. DV out plays real time FX. Awesome...

Gregory

• Sun, Jun 10 2007 12:32 AM In reply to

• StinsonMV
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Fri, Mar 10 2006
    • Posts 5
    • Points 75

I've got Avid Xpress pro 4.5 and a PC desktop with Realtek HD audio and I have that exact same error. So what does Avid do for us...nothing...you just have a bug...deal with it. I'm bitter because I bought the Avid system and was on the road, couldn't install it for months and then boom they tell me I had 30 days of support since the day I bought it only. Why don't they plaster that on their product in store?

Anyway, still looking for a solution. Is there a more financially friendly way to upgrade to a more recent version of Avid Xpress Pro or do I have to go buy the new product in the store? Thanks for any help in advance.

Signed,

Bitter toward Avid

• Sun, Jun 10 2007 12:34 AM In reply to

• StinsonMV
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Fri, Mar 10 2006
    • Posts 5
    • Points 75

How do I add/remove a soundcard on my desktop?! Thank you.
  • Sun, Jun 10 2007 8:51 AM In reply to

StinsonMV:
    Is there a more financially friendly way to upgrade to a more recent version of Avid Xpress Pro or do I have to go buy the new product in the store?

Hi,

You may want to post this in the Xpress Pro forum.  This is the Free DV forum.  Also, you ought to fill out your system specs in your user profile.  Click on your user name at the top of the page to edit your profile, and include what version of what Avid product you're using, your processor type & speed, amount of RAM, type of audio & video cards, and type and amount of media storage.  This will give people a picture of what you're working with, and help them figure out any problems you may have.

Upgrade information can be found here.

The other thing you can do is search the forums for the error you're getting, and you will find that many people have solved the error by installing a Soundblaster Audigy 2 card that they bought off of Ebay for $30.

StinsonMV:
    How do I add/remove a soundcard on my desktop?!

See if the answer from AliCam in this post helps you.  It's the fourth one down from the top.  If not, search the forums for "realtek" as this issue come up a lot, and you will find a bunch of possible solutions.

good luck,
    Carl
    Media Composer 2019.7 w/Symphony/SS/PF options, HP Envy 17t-j100 Quad Edition laptop, Windows 10 Pro, Intel Core i7 2.4GHz, 16 GB RAM, nVidia GeForce GT... [view my complete system specs]

"There is hardly anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper, and the people who only consider the price are this man's lawful prey."  - John Ruskin (1819-1900)

Carl Amoscato | Freelance Film & Video Editor | London, UK

• Fri, Jun 29 2007 5:07 PM In reply to

• nickswfc
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Fri, Jun 29 2007
    • Posts 1
    • Points 15

Hi there,

I have this problem too with the same error message.

I'm not really 'at one' with computers and stuff, so don't really have a clue what you are talking about so far on here!

Basically I'm using this software at work and wanted to get a bit of practice in at home by using the free edition, and don't want to have to mess around with my computer too much to get it to work.

I have realtek soundcard installed, what can I do to get it to work??

Thanks.
  • Fri, Jun 29 2007 6:53 PM In reply to

Hi,

This is from memory, but it ought to be close.  Open up FreeDV, and at the top of the Project window, click on the Settings tab.  Next, click on the Sound Card Configuration setting, and in the dialog box that opens up, select Use Windows Audio Mixer.

good luck,
    Carl

Media Composer 2019.7 w/Symphony/SS/PF options, HP Envy 17t-j100 Quad Edition laptop, Windows 10 Pro, Intel Core i7 2.4GHz, 16 GB RAM, nVidia GeForce GT... [view my complete system specs]

"There is hardly anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper, and the people who only consider the price are this man's lawful prey."  - John Ruskin (1819-1900)

Carl Amoscato | Freelance Film & Video Editor | London, UK

• Wed, Dec 28 2011 10:54 AM In reply to

• Darick Tinker
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Mon, May 10 2010
    • Bayonet Point,Florida
    • Posts 41
    • Points 555

I know this is an old topic, but the issue with this is when you go to run the laptop in Windows Vista or 7 it's not compatible with Avid DV Free so change compatibility mode to XP SP3 and it works perfect. I hope this helps anyone who encounters this issue.

Asus P5G41-M LE/CSM Mobo Intel E5400 Dual Core Processor 8gb OCZ Ram 6400 500gb Sata Toshiba 1tb WD My essentials external drive Avid MC 5.03 Avid... [view my complete system specs]

Page 1 of 1 (13 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller