Latest post Tue, Nov 27 2012 1:29 PM by Georg.L.. 9 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (10 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Sun, Jul 1 2007 7:19 PM

• m00se
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Sun, Jul 1 2007
    • Posts 4
    • Points 70

Using pics in a sequence

I'm a noob here, so forgive me for what is likely a very simple question.

I have a bunch of pics I'd like to use in a sequence, and while I've figured out how to get them in...they display WAY too long. 

I then figured out that I can go into a pic and using the "Mark In" and "Mark Out" I could trim it down to whatever length I wanted.

Is there a way to set ALL pics when added to a sequence to display for 2seconds?  Or do I need to "Mark In" and "Mark Out" each pic, one at a time?

Thanks!!

• Sun, Jul 1 2007 7:30 PM In reply to

• m00se
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 4
    • Points 70

Re: Using pics in a sequence

I think I found it!  I'm assuming it's the import setting....change it from 10 to 2!!

I searched for hours and right after posting I found that! Figures! :)
  • Sun, Jul 1 2007 7:32 PM In reply to

Highlight all your pics in the bin, go into 'script' mode (one of the tabs inside the bin) mark an in point by pressing 'i' on your keyboard, move forward 50 frames for PAL (60 for ntsc) by pressing the 'advance ten frames' key (the '2' key on the non-numpad side of your keyboard) 5 / 6 times (5 / 6 x 10 frames = 50 / 60 frames = 2 seconds). Then press the mark out button (the 'o' on your keyboard). Then just drag all the highlighted clips at once into your timeline.

Joe
    Windows XP32 SP2 Intel Pentium D950 3.4GHz Dual-core (OC to 3.83GHz) Asus P5LD2-Deluxe Mobo, Onboard Realtek Audio and TI based IEEE1394 Nvidia QuadroFX... [view my complete system specs]
    (- =) Joe
  • Sun, Jul 1 2007 7:33 PM In reply to

m00se:
    I think I found it!  I'm assuming it's the import setting....change it from 10 to 2!!

I searched for hours and right after posting I found that! Figures! :)

Yes, that too... i guess that would be easier again, lol.

Joe
    Windows XP32 SP2 Intel Pentium D950 3.4GHz Dual-core (OC to 3.83GHz) Asus P5LD2-Deluxe Mobo, Onboard Realtek Audio and TI based IEEE1394 Nvidia QuadroFX... [view my complete system specs]
    (- =) Joe
  • Sun, Jul 1 2007 9:05 PM In reply to

• MichaelP
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Boston
    • Posts 2,444
    • Points 30,415
    • Avid Certified Instructors - Video
      Avid Employee
      Moderator: Film
      Moderator: MetaFuze

If you limit the import to 2 seconds and use the whole clip in your timeline, you will have no handles for dissolves, fades, or other type transition. Doing in by marking in and out from a longer master clip ensures you have the handles if needed.

Michael

24p.com

• Mon, Jul 2 2007 2:53 AM In reply to

• m00se
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 4
    • Points 70

JOEmedia:
    Highlight all your pics in the bin, go into 'script' mode (one of the tabs inside the bin) mark an in point by pressing 'i' on your keyboard, move forward 50 frames for PAL (60 for ntsc) by pressing the 'advance ten frames' key (the '2' key on the non-numpad side of your keyboard) 5 / 6 times (5 / 6 x 10 frames = 50 / 60 frames = 2 seconds). Then press the mark out button (the 'o' on your keyboard). Then just drag all the highlighted clips at once into your timeline. Joe

Because of what was mentioned regarding tranistions and whatnot, I decided to do what you suggested here (and NOT what I found with the import method).

Only I can't seem to do a "group edit"  I followed your instructions and it seemed pretty straight forward, but it just seem to work.  I see the Mark In and Mark Out symbols right next to each other.  This was all using the keyboard  ( "i" key....."2" key 5 times and then the "o" key )...do I have to do something to enable the keyboard shortcuts?  Or am I just missing something due to a "rookie error" :)

• Mon, Jul 2 2007 9:32 AM In reply to

Hi,

This can be tricky to get the first time.  Select all your clips in text mode and clear the in and out marks, and press "Home" to get the position indicator back to the start of the clips.  Then deselect the clips and close the bin.

Now, open it back up and try setting the marks again.

good luck,
    Carl

Media Composer 2018.12.1 w/Symphony/SS/PF options, HP Envy 17t-j100 Quad Edition laptop, Windows 10 Pro, Intel Core i7 2.4GHz, 16 GB RAM, nVidia GeForce... [view my complete system specs]

"There is hardly anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper, and the people who only consider the price are this man's lawful prey."  - John Ruskin (1819-1900)

Carl Amoscato | Freelance Film & Video Editor | London, UK

• Mon, Nov 26 2012 2:06 PM In reply to

• Georg.L.
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Wed, Feb 4 2009
    • Posts 2
    • Points 20

hi, the method works like you described, but I have a lenght from at least 10 frames.

How can go down to one frame - it doesnt work with the "5" keyboard button (step forward one frame).

Or if I have allready the sequenze with "many" pics - lenghts 10 frames - can I trim lets say 100pics in the timeline to one frame - all at the same time? 

georg

• Mon, Nov 26 2012 3:33 PM In reply to

You can't do it all at one time if they're already in the SEQ, but if you use the Tail feature you can do it quickly.

Park at the cut point between two clips, advance one frame.  Hit Tail.  Advance to next cut +1 frame, hit Tail, repeat.  

MacPro dual 2.66GHz 6GB RAM nVIDIA GeForce 7300 GT Storage: 2TB G-Speed eS with controller card 3x1TB Hitachi SATA-II internals, various external FW/USB... [view my complete system specs]

Kenton VanNatten | Avid Editor (for hire)

"I am not obsessed... I'm detail-oriented"

• Tue, Nov 27 2012 1:29 PM In reply to

• Georg.L.
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Wed, Feb 4 2009
    • Posts 2
    • Points 20

hello, thanks ... BUT ... I have 6000 clips in my timeline so still a lot of work, so for this job I did just do a new import with in the script mode.

For annother job - arround 100clips - I will do "top" and tail"  - so it will help. 

thanks georg

Page 1 of 1 (10 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller