Latest post Sun, Jun 30 2019 8:58 PM by Tom Cook. 26 replies.
Page 2 of 2 (27 items) < Previous 1 2
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Fri, Jul 24 2009 3:08 PM In reply to

• ToddS
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on Tue, Mar 25 2008
    • Los Angeles
    • Posts 220
    • Points 2,835

Re: Export as Quicktime Movie -2GB file size limit

Export the file as a quicktime reference.  If it is HDV, then do a video mixdown first, then as a quicktime reference.  That is what I do.

Intel Core i5 processor: 3.20 GHz, 1Gig NVIDIA GeForce GTX 220, 8gb DDR3 Ram [view my complete system specs]
  • Mon, Mar 29 2010 3:39 PM In reply to

• catwoman
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • London
    • Posts 208
    • Points 2,860

As this post is quite old, I am just responding for future reference: I experienced the same problem, trying to export QT animation, and getting the message "2gb limit". The problem was that the harddrive I exported to did not have enough space, so Avid came up with the 2gb error message. I switched export target setting to a different drive with enough space, and Avid had no problem exporting.

• Wed, Dec 8 2010 5:17 PM In reply to

• dazkarieh
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Sat, Jan 24 2009
    • Posts 77
    • Points 1,020

Hello. im having a similar problem

I export a QT Ref file an then put it in CP3. it goes well for a while an then i get a message saying '' the movie file '''' is not found and canot play properly'' bla bla bla.. you know the rest. Interesting that that is no name file between the ''. Iv tried all sorts of stuf. Exporting with a mix down, it happens with HDV footage and dv footageand wheater im exporting to mpeg2 or to vob directly for burning. Iv tried exporting a smaller in length movie and it worked. Iv tried a 20 minutes and a 37 minute length movie. they all fail. I dont know what else to do..I have MC 5.0. and im just lost.. :s

Media Composer 5 (software only) Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce gts 250 RAM: 4GB(actually 3.25) Processor: Core2Quad Q9400 @2,66Ghz Motherboard:... [view my complete system specs]
  • Wed, Dec 8 2010 5:23 PM In reply to

Hi,

dazkarieh:
    I dont know what else to do..I have MC 5.0. and im just lost.. :s

For starters, you might want to post this as a new problem in the Media Composer forum:

http://community.avid.com/forums/49.aspx

The thread you just posted this on is in the Xpress DV forum, and XDV has been dead for a long time.

ciao,
    Carl 

Media Composer 2019.7 w/Symphony/SS/PF options, HP Envy 17t-j100 Quad Edition laptop, Windows 10 Pro, Intel Core i7 2.4GHz, 16 GB RAM, nVidia GeForce GT... [view my complete system specs]

"There is hardly anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper, and the people who only consider the price are this man's lawful prey."  - John Ruskin (1819-1900)

Carl Amoscato | Freelance Film & Video Editor | London, UK

• Wed, Mar 2 2011 6:44 PM In reply to

• samsmall
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Jan 3 2008
    • Posts 8
    • Points 100

This seems to be the error message the Avid gives when the files size exceeds the available drive space.

Try a drive with more available sapce.

It would be nice if they told you that when the files starts to export rther than three hours later....

• Sat, Dec 29 2012 10:51 PM In reply to

• markle77074
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Houston
    • Posts 332
    • Points 4,405

Does anybody know the maximum file size for qucktime movie exports from Symphony 6.5.x?

I have several machines. My latest is a zbook with maxed out processor, memory and video card running windows 8. [view my complete system specs]
  • Sat, Dec 29 2012 11:00 PM In reply to

I've never ran into any limit.

Media Composer /w Symphony option | PT-HD | Win7Pro64 HP | OSX MBP | ISIS5000 | Nitris DX | Artist Mix & Transport & Color | AJA T-Tap | Decklink... [view my complete system specs]
  • Sun, Dec 30 2012 12:05 AM In reply to

• markle77074
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Houston
    • Posts 332
    • Points 4,405

A few years back I tried to do a quicktime reference export of a long video edit.

The limit I found was 4 hours plus an amount I forget now.

The limit was exactly to the frame. 

I just wondered if this limit had grown now in the windows 7 64 bit world

I have several machines. My latest is a zbook with maxed out processor, memory and video card running windows 8. [view my complete system specs]
  • Sun, Dec 30 2012 7:02 AM In reply to

Like Job, I've never run into a limit on a QT reference movie.  Then again, I've never had a 4 hour plus timeline.  Out of curiosity, what was it, and what type of 4 hour long file were you going to try to send someone?

Media Composer 2019.7 w/Symphony/SS/PF options, HP Envy 17t-j100 Quad Edition laptop, Windows 10 Pro, Intel Core i7 2.4GHz, 16 GB RAM, nVidia GeForce GT... [view my complete system specs]

"There is hardly anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper, and the people who only consider the price are this man's lawful prey."  - John Ruskin (1819-1900)

Carl Amoscato | Freelance Film & Video Editor | London, UK

• Mon, Mar 18 2013 4:32 PM In reply to

• bushgl
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Fri, Mar 15 2013
    • Posts 1
    • Points 15

I know this is an old post, but I received a simular error recently with media composer when trying to make a .mov file for transcoding.  To get rid of the error we had to change the export settings to "Same As Source".  Not sure if it makes a difference but we also checked "use avid Codecs".  The exporting as quicktime reference mentioned earlier also seemed to work.

• Mon, Mar 18 2013 4:51 PM In reply to

Don't forget a QT ref sometimes makes an audio output file so with a 4hr show that could easily reach the 4GB limit. So this could still be a file system limit or a QT version limit.

ACI Moderator. I'm not employed by Avid or work for them. I just do this in my spare time. Normally using the current Media Composer version on My... [view my complete system specs]

Broadcast & Post Production Consultant / Trainer  VET

T 07581 201248 | E pat@vet.co.uk | W www.vet.co.uk |

Media Composer V8.2 Review Background Render

-

Follow me on Twitter Pat_H_VET

Filed under:
  • Sun, Jun 30 2019 8:58 PM In reply to

• Tom Cook
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Sun, Apr 25 2010
    • Keene, NH
    • Posts 195
    • Points 2,420

I second catwoman's comment. Been fighting all weekend trying to export a large (ended up 350GB) file and it would work - kept getting the error - until I, too, remembered the drive didn't have the space. Sent it to another drive with no problem...

Dell XPS720, quadcore 3.6 GHz, 28 GB RAM, Avid Media Composer v8.7.2 [view my complete system specs]
Page 2 of 2 (27 items) < Previous 1 2

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller