Latest post Tue, May 21 2013 5:23 PM by Randall L. Rike. 25 replies.
Page 2 of 2 (26 items) < Previous 1 2
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Fri, Oct 23 2009 5:36 PM In reply to

• Sammo
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Mon, Oct 19 2009
    • England
    • Posts 4
    • Points 65

Re: Media Offline?

Thanks Larry! Still no joy I'm afraid. Going a bit stir crazy now. I am set up as per your instructions. Regarding mounting my storage drive and it being recognised by the system, I have 'mounted all'. According to my user guide - I cannot mount individually but by mounting all my system will recognise any connected drives. Any other ideas? Cheers mate

MAC PowerBook G4 Mac OS 10.5.8 Avid DV Express v.4.6 [view my complete system specs]
  • Fri, Oct 23 2009 5:50 PM In reply to

Right click on "My computer" and choose "manage". Then click on disc managment and see if the list it populates includes your storage drive, so we can be sure the OS is seeing that drive. Also, is the storage drive formatted as an NFTS drive?

Newscutter Nitris DX 9.5.3.5 * Media Composer 5.5.3.6 (At Home on PC running XP Pro) * Symphony 6.5.2.1 (At home on MacBook Pro3,1 running 10.7.2) * Interplay... [view my complete system specs]

Larry Rubin

Senior Editor

The Pentagon Channel

www.pentagonchannel.mil

• Fri, Oct 23 2009 6:07 PM In reply to

• Sammo
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Mon, Oct 19 2009
    • England
    • Posts 4
    • Points 65

Yeah it's definitely there under disc utilities. Drive mount on disc utilities states MAC OSX Extended (journaled). This is a brand new Seagate hard drive and I was advised by them and by my IT mate that this is the correct mount. I've just gone into my hard drive to view the media after setting up a new project but it is not there on the hard drive so it does not seem to be transfering. Sorry to be a pain, but could you advise how to do this as I though it was and feel like I have tried everything. Am I not able to capture and then view the clips straight from the bin anyway? Cheers. The saga continues...

MAC PowerBook G4 Mac OS 10.5.8 Avid DV Express v.4.6 [view my complete system specs]
  • Fri, Oct 23 2009 8:27 PM In reply to

Sammo:
    I have updated what operating system and version of avid I am using...

Is that different from what's currently in your specs? If so, please update me because I don't believe a version as old as 4.6 will work with the latest Mac OS's. I refer you to the version matrix for XPRO.

Newscutter Nitris DX 9.5.3.5 * Media Composer 5.5.3.6 (At Home on PC running XP Pro) * Symphony 6.5.2.1 (At home on MacBook Pro3,1 running 10.7.2) * Interplay... [view my complete system specs]

Larry Rubin

Senior Editor

The Pentagon Channel

www.pentagonchannel.mil

• Fri, Oct 23 2009 8:32 PM In reply to

Sammo:
    I've just gone into my hard drive to view the media after setting up a new project but it is not there on the hard drive

The new project folder should be on the C: drive in the "Avid Projects" folder and the media should go to the Seagate drive inside either an "OMFI MediaFiles" or "Avid MediaFiles" folder. Are you saying above that you've created a new project, attempted a capture or import and then you wind up with a "media offline" clip? That would be highly unusual to say the least.

Larry Rubin

Senior Editor

The Pentagon Channel

www.pentagonchannel.mil

• Tue, Jun 14 2011 1:43 AM In reply to

• Jamie Saari
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Apr 14 2011
    • Toronto, Ontario
    • Posts 7
    • Points 80

What is an OMFI MediaFile?

• Tue, Jun 14 2011 11:43 AM In reply to

Jamie Saari:

What is an OMFI MediaFile?

OMFI is one of (and the earlier) version of a proprietary file format that Avid uses to create media files. The other format is MXF, which is newer and required for HD production, and lives in the "Avid MediaFiles" folder. Which one you use to create media is selected in the "media creation" section of your user settings, under the "Media Type" tab.

Larry Rubin

Senior Editor

The Pentagon Channel

www.pentagonchannel.mil

• Thu, Jan 12 2012 7:56 PM In reply to

Hello !

Please , sorry for my ignorance , but I am studing MC5.5.3 yet and I found this issues above and tried to perform the proceddures explained, but I don´t know where the OMFI Media Files is located, The only thing I fond out was AVID MEDIA FILES and I saw MXF files.

All my drives are in the list and I can not umnonut or mount

One of my projetcs is fine and working good (SD PROJECT, drive G) but HD project ( DRIVE H) is not working properly.

obS. this problems happened after upgrading from mc 5.0.3 to MC 5.5.3.

My questions are:

Where OMFI media files is located?

I did not see the option to sort  in the windows options to do that by date.

I  checked it out my HARD DRIVES AND ALL are  OK .

Could you show me the path to lead me to the OMFI folder? 

• Thu, Jan 12 2012 8:22 PM In reply to

If you have one, the OMFI MediaFiles folder would be located at the root level of your media drive. It's quite possible you don't have any OMF media, if your media type in the media creation area of your user settings is set for MXF and the audio file format choice in your audio project user settings is set for PCM (MXF). If both of them are set up that way, you will not have an OMFI MediaFiles folder.

Larry Rubin

Senior Editor

The Pentagon Channel

www.pentagonchannel.mil

• Tue, May 21 2013 5:17 PM In reply to

Question, so am connected to a server at work, and having offline media is a great source of stress. I did exactly what you said to do. I haven't deleted my media, the server I am connected to is on and running. And I still have problems with off line media. I can't for some reason find the "mount all" in the file pull down menue. I have a 2010 macbook pro, 4 gig ram, and a 32 bit color. have media composer 6.5.2. 

• Tue, May 21 2013 5:23 PM In reply to

What kind of server?  I think "Mount All" went away in v6+

Symphony 8.8.x w/Avid Nitris DX, HP z420, Windows 10, QT v7.7.x, Hexa Core 3.2GHz, 16GB RAM, nVidia Quadro Series 2000 w/353.82. 2TB Boot, 2 x 3TB internal... [view my complete system specs]

"There are few technological barriers.  You can fix almost anything if you throw enough money at it."
    Randall L. Rike, ACI, ACSR Mac*Win*Unity*ISIS*DS
    Systems Engineer @ BET Networks [a Viacom company]
    (wwld)

Page 2 of 2 (26 items) < Previous 1 2

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller