Latest post Thu, Jan 12 2017 9:27 AM by Tobias Beul. 6 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Tue, Dec 19 2006 9:46 AM

• Andy
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Oz
    • Posts 28
    • Points 470

Keyboard mapping

Hi I'm using Adrenaline and there is a Picture in Picture effect that I use a lot. Is there a way of mapping this effect to a key?  It would make my editing easier and quicker!
    One thing...I ain't ever going back!
  • Tue, Dec 19 2006 11:36 AM In reply to

Re: Keyboard mapping

Not that I know of. Menu and button to button, but no effects.
    Dell Precision 670, Xeon 3Ghz 3GB Memory 1 x 250 systemdisk, Gb 2x500 Gb datadisks, 4x 1Tb datadisks, Soundblaster Audigy, Quadro FX 1400, MC latest, Mojo... [view my complete system specs]

http://www.AvidUserGroup.NL fcp2avid

"The Technology Is Not Guilty" - Nicolas Philibert quoted in "Documentary in the digital age" by Maxine Baker (2006)

• Tue, Dec 19 2006 11:36 AM In reply to

The effect palette is already Ctrl+8. If you want you can put effect palette onto a button by using the menu to button feature in your command palette.  But I don’t think there is a way to attach an individual effect to a button.

If there is a particular pip you use a lot, you can stick the completed effect in a bin and use it from there.

HPxw8000. 4Gb.ram 1.7Tb internal drives running MCA 2.61-mojo SDI [view my complete system specs]
  • Tue, Dec 19 2006 1:27 PM In reply to

A good workaround would be to save your PIP effect to a bin, that way it's always there whenever you want it.
    Newscutter Nitris DX 9.5.3.5 * Media Composer 5.5.3.6 (At Home on PC running XP Pro) * Symphony 6.5.2.1 (At home on MacBook Pro3,1 running 10.7.2) * Interplay... [view my complete system specs]

Larry Rubin

Senior Editor

The Pentagon Channel

www.pentagonchannel.mil

• Tue, Dec 19 2006 5:42 PM In reply to

Another alternative

1) create a new bin name it exactly "Quick Transitions"
    2) alt+drag any saved/customized transition fx icon to the Quick Transitions bin -- It helps if you name the fx something special (ie PnP)
    3) now when you hit the Quick Transition button ("\" key) your customized fx will appear in the drop down allowing you to apply IN to OUT

As long as the Quick Transitions bin is in the project, you will have access to them in the pulldown menu.

• Thu, Jan 4 2007 3:18 PM In reply to

• Mercedes
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Fri, Mar 31 2006
    • Dublin, Ireland
    • Posts 57
    • Points 615

This works a treat and is a cool shortcut.

Mercedes

Client Operating system : XP pro SP2 Client Avid version : 3.1.1.1 QT 7.5.5 Adrenaline Sys info: CPU :xw8200 4GB ram Interplay 1.5 ISIS 2.0.1... [view my complete system specs]
  • Thu, Jan 12 2017 9:27 AM In reply to

• Tobias Beul
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Tue, Aug 18 2009
    • Munich, DE
    • Posts 7
    • Points 85

Hey guys, first post. But it is such an urgent one that I really hope someone will come tothe rescue ;-)

Since a more recent version (at least I guess so) there is a new tab in the command palette. I attached a screenshot.

Now this had me all excited at first, because it suggests that we can map individual effects to a button and apply it to a clip via that shortcut. No need to dragging or double-clicking from bins and effect palette anymore!!!

Well, problem is, this only works for two effects: Titler Pro and the Timecode Burn-in. Why is that? Can somebody figure this out?

It would be so amazing if we could park the playhead on a clip, hit a single button and BOOM: Timewarp applied to that clip. 3D Warp applied to that clip. Stabilize applied to that clip.

Whoever figures this out, I'm buying a bottle of wine. Great tasting wine, too!

Tobias Beul - Film Editor - www.tobiasbeul.de Munich, Germany [view my complete system specs]
Page 1 of 1 (7 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller