Latest post Wed, Apr 26 2017 12:45 AM by Jason524. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Tue, Dec 12 2006 12:45 AM

• Marko
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Posts 5
    • Points 65

Can I select handles in EDL Manager?

I'm editing a short that was shot on 16mm and then transfered to HD. The idea was to never go back to film. After the edit, our director decided that our original transfer to HD was inadequate. Now they are going to re-tranfer the film to HD, but they want to retransfer only the shots that we used in the cut.

In order to do this, my online facility asked for an EDL in "S" sort mode with 10 second handles for each event. I have not been able to figure out how to generate an EDL with these handles.

The only option for handles I can see is in the dupe list, which I don't think helps me.

Any ideas?

Avid Xpress 4.8.4
    OS 10.4.7
    Dual 1GHZ G4
    1.25GB RAM
  • Tue, Dec 12 2006 1:19 PM In reply to

• Marko
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 5
    • Points 65

Re: Can I select handles in EDL Manager?

No one on this wonderful site can help me with this? I'd appreciate even a "this can't be done" response. Thanks! =)
  • Tue, Dec 12 2006 3:31 PM In reply to

• Marko
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 5
    • Points 65

Possible workaround: I couldn't find a way to add handles with the EDL manager unless they are handles to a dupe list (which only helps with generating alist of dupes that no one really ever needs anymore). My online needed a list of events with handles so I ended up decomposing a copy of my sequence with handles and then printing the bin and exporting the bin as an ALE file and then opening up in Word and sending it them like that. I think this will satisfy them...we'll see.
  • Wed, Dec 13 2006 6:19 AM In reply to

• hbrock
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Santa Monica, CA
    • Posts 5,439
    • Points 63,040
    • Moderator: Avid Xpress Pro Mac
      Moderator: MCA Mac
      Moderator: Media Composer Getting Started

Getting a film list with handles would b easier using FilmScribe if you did a film project with proper logs. You might get more responses if you post this in the Film & 24p forum.
    MacPro, MacBook Pro and a Cube (masquerading as a kleenex dispenser). [view my complete system specs]

Must think of something clever to go here...

• Wed, Apr 26 2017 12:45 AM In reply to

• Jason524
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Sat, Aug 6 2016
    • Posts 3
    • Points 25

Yep,I face the same question.My upstream wants me give him File 32 edls with 8 frame handle. I use list tool in avid, but I can't output edls with handle. It's display some erros, if I output handles, they can be conformed in DI.Could you please help me to figure out what happen? How can I do next to solve this problems.

Thank you very much

Jason

freelancer Editor

728863503@qq.com

jasonisnotajoker@gmail.com

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller