Latest post Wed, Sep 27 2006 6:23 PM by BLKDOG. 21 replies.
Page 2 of 2 (22 items) < Previous 1 2
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Tue, Sep 26 2006 7:34 PM In reply to

• psp
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Wed, Aug 23 2006
    • Posts 7
    • Points 115

Re: Staggery animation when imported from After Effects

Right, there's no NTSC footage, just sliding photoshop layers. I'm importing using 601 non-square, lower field first. I could post a "before Avid" and an "after Avid" clip if you think that will shed some light on this. The output from AE is interlaced, you can tell when you watch the QTs. Somehow Avid just isnt interpretting the fields properly. Could this be a bug or something? Does Avid still have a problem putting interlaced and progressive footage on the same timeline? It seems that the Avid is importing it as straight non-interlaced footage no matter what settings i select.
  • Tue, Sep 26 2006 7:42 PM In reply to

• BLKDOG
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Lansing, MI
    • Posts 17,731
    • Points 226,380
    • Avid Employee
      Moderator: MCA Mac
      Moderator: MCA PC

If you created this as an interlaced QT and you are importing it into a progressive project, that's not gonna fly. If it's a progressive project, you have to render in progressive as well.
    Project Manager, Avid Professional Services - Americas [view my complete system specs]

In agreement, Unity. In Disagreement, Discussion. In all things, Charity.

• Tue, Sep 26 2006 7:56 PM In reply to

• psp
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 7
    • Points 115

Okay, I'll see if I can change the whole project to interlaced and see if it will display correctly that way.
  • Wed, Sep 27 2006 2:28 AM In reply to

you can't change a project to be interlaced. once you select the project type (30i, 24P, ect.) you are stuck with it for the life of the project.

In Avid, open a new project at 30i NTSC. Then follow the AE output and render to templates I posted earlier.

In the Import settings dialog, select non-square pixels and lower field first interlacing. Also check your media creation settings and set that for 1:1 for uncompressed graphics.

It's not a bug. Something isn't matching. I import QT files many times everyday and everything is always kosher.

but wait. if you tried everything and are certain that ALL the settings are fine and it still looks bad, there is one last hope.

Create a new user and new project on the avid. This will create a fresh template for you to test your settings on. Rarely, the avid will get stuck on particular settings no matter what you do. Creating an new user and a new project will eliminate all the junk associated with a old project. It is a last resort, but it has worked for me a few times.

Good luck.
    MCA Macintosh 2.7, Mac 10.4.9 G5 dual 2GHz. Lots of RAM. [view my complete system specs]
  • Wed, Sep 27 2006 5:33 PM In reply to

• psp
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 7
    • Points 115

Thanks for your help everyone. The project is done and I can finally get some sleep.
  • Wed, Sep 27 2006 5:59 PM In reply to

• Eric
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Canada
    • Posts 554
    • Points 6,325

psp:
    Thanks for your help everyone. The project is done and I can finally get some sleep.

The verdict is?

Just wondering what worked for you ;)

MacPro 6,1 Apple OS X 10.9.4 MC 8.3.1 Black Magic UltraStudio 4K RED ROCKET [view my complete system specs]
  • Wed, Sep 27 2006 6:23 PM In reply to

• BLKDOG
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Lansing, MI
    • Posts 17,731
    • Points 226,380
    • Avid Employee
      Moderator: MCA Mac
      Moderator: MCA PC

psp was attempting to import an Interlaced QT into a progressive project. 'Dat no workee.
    Project Manager, Avid Professional Services - Americas [view my complete system specs]

In agreement, Unity. In Disagreement, Discussion. In all things, Charity.

Page 2 of 2 (22 items) < Previous 1 2

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller