Latest post Thu, Apr 14 2022 3:04 PM by kiessem. 6 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Fri, Dec 17 2021 11:05 AM

Nexis Client 20.7.1.6 and macOS Monterey 12.1

Hi

I'm using successfully Nexis Client 20.7.1.6 with macOS Monterey 12.1 on iMac (Retina 4K, 21.5-inch, 2017) with the built-in Netword Card Adapter

I have an issue with macOS Monterey 12.1 on MacBook Pro (13-inch, 2018, Four Thunderbolt 3 Ports). I cannot find any Network Card Adapter compatible with Nexis Client 20.7.1.6.

I can access through Safari to the management console but Nexis Client is unable to discover the server...

Do you have any compatible Network Card Adapter reference (1Gbps is enough)? 

Olivier 

• Fri, Dec 17 2021 1:42 PM In reply to

• BobRusso
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • New Jersey
    • Posts 2,404
    • Points 29,830
    • Avid Employee
      Moderator: Avid ISIS
      Moderator: Avid NEXIS PRO
      Moderator: Avid Storage Products

Re: Nexis Client 20.7.1.6 and macOS Monterey 12.1

See page 26 of the readme.

(The following issue has been observed and is under investigation by Avid & Apple) USB-C to
    1Gb RJ45 Ethernet adapters cannot be used to connect using the Avid NEXIS Client because
    macOS 10.15 (Catalina) and higher reports the interface speed as zero Mbps.
    Workaround: Use Thunderbolt 3-to-Thunderbolt 2 and Thunderbolt 2-to-1Gb Ethernet
    adapters. Thunderbolt 3 to 10Gbps and 40Gbps adapters are supported with macOS 10.15 and
    higher with the Avid NEXIS Client.

https://www.youtube.com/avidevangelistbob [view my complete system specs]

-- Bob Russo Post-Production Workflow Manager - NFL Films

Bob Russo on Expert Connections

• Fri, Dec 17 2021 1:52 PM In reply to

Thanks Bob for your quick reply.

As I can see it's "under investigation", when can I expect a solution for USB-C to 1Gb RJ45 Ethernet adapters?

Olivier

• Fri, Dec 17 2021 2:09 PM In reply to

• BobRusso
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • New Jersey
    • Posts 2,404
    • Points 29,830
    • Avid Employee
      Moderator: Avid ISIS
      Moderator: Avid NEXIS PRO
      Moderator: Avid Storage Products

Olivier Greoli:

Thanks Bob for your quick reply.

As I can see it's "under investigation", when can I expect a solution for USB-C to 1Gb RJ45 Ethernet adapters?

Olivier

I have no idea or inside information, but I imagine this isn't something Avid can fix and will require the fix to come from Apple.

https://www.youtube.com/avidevangelistbob [view my complete system specs]

-- Bob Russo Post-Production Workflow Manager - NFL Films

Bob Russo on Expert Connections

• Mon, Dec 20 2021 12:07 PM In reply to

OK. I've tested successfully with Thunderbolt 3 to Thunderbolt 2 adapter + Thunderbolt 2 network card... ;)

• Sat, Feb 26 2022 8:08 PM In reply to

I finally got the NEXIS client working on my M1 MacBook Pro Max (running Monterey 12.2.1) 

I was getting repeatable, immediate Kernel Panics whenever I tried to open folders on a mounted NEXIS workspace. I was connecting to the NEXIS using an Apple TB3->TB2 adapter dongle connected to the built in TB port on the MBP, then plugged into an Apple TB2 Ethernet adapter dongle. 

This configuration had no issues as far as being able to access the NEXIS Management console in Safari, however, as soon as you mounted a workspace and tried opening a folder on it in the Finder, the system instantly Kernel Panics.

I tried using the Ethernet port on an OWC Thunderbolt 3 dock, but that still gave me Kernel Panics as well.

The solution for me was to use a different Thunderbolt dock, the Sonnet Echo 11 Thunderbolt 4. Unfortunately the built in Ethernet port on that dock reports to macOS as a USB Ethernet interface, so that didn’t work. However, when I plugged the aforementioned adapter dongle-chain into a  TB port on the Echo 11 dock, everything worked, with no Kernel panics!

It's wierd that plugging the dongle chain directly into the MBP's Thunderbolt port doesn't work, but I'll take what I can get!

• Thu, Apr 14 2022 3:04 PM In reply to

• kiessem
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Tue, Nov 7 2017
    • Posts 8
    • Points 100

Has this fix continued to work you?

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller