Latest post Fri, Jul 9 2021 1:44 PM by Philip Kapadia. 5 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Fri, Jun 18 2021 10:33 PM

AJA IO Express with Media Composer 2021

Hi all, 

I'm looking into purchasing an AJA IO Express box, Was wondering if it was compatible with MC 2021?

Thanks in advance!

https://philipkapadia.com/my-equipment [view my complete system specs]
  • Sat, Jun 19 2021 3:09 AM In reply to

Re: AJA IO Express with Media Composer 2021

Yes, it should be. Just read the ReadMe documentation for the drivers.

MC 2021.6, W10, MSI X299M, Intel 9940X, Gigabyte 2080Ti Waterforce, 64GB RAM, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, BM Mini monitor & Dell UP2718Q. MBP 2019, OSX... [view my complete system specs]
  • Sat, Jun 19 2021 6:49 AM In reply to

I'm still using one. Works fine. 

HP Z840 3.1GHZ 20cores 128GB RAM M4000 GPU 1TB NVMe drive HP Z book 17 G2 2.7GHZ Quad core 32GB RAM Nvidia K3100M 1TB SSD drive ACI Moderator. I'm... [view my complete system specs]

Broadcast & Post Production Consultant / Trainer  Avid Certified Instructor VET

QC/QAR Training - Understanding Digital Media - Advanced Files * Compression - Avid Ingest - PSE fixing courses and more

All bespoke and delivered onsite at yours. Or delivered via hosted Zoom session.

T 07581 201248 | E pat@vet-training.co.uk | W www.vet-training.co.uk |

• Sun, Jun 20 2021 3:19 PM In reply to

Pat Horridge:

I'm still using one. Works fine. 

Thank you for your input! Do you think it would work on my amd Windows system? Is it compatible with most things?

Thanks again 

• Sun, Jun 20 2021 3:40 PM In reply to

• jef
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on Sun, Feb 26 2006
    • Maryland
    • Posts 3,904
    • Points 47,115

I have used several AJA IO products through the years.  And I have always been impressed with them. But ....

Blackmagic has really hit them hard due to Resolve.  Resolve will only use Blackmagic IO products.  Stop.  A Blackmagic IO product is, in essence, the dongle for the free or even paid Resolve software.  And while the Resolve software is very impressive, the software for many of the Blackmagic hardware products is less so.  But if you have ANY thoughts about using Resolve, you need to consider this.

Jef

Avid DS 11.0.2 R.I.P | MC "Well, it depends ..." 2021 iMac w Big Sur [view my complete system specs]

Jef Huey

Senior Editor

• Fri, Jul 9 2021 1:44 PM In reply to

jef:

I have used several AJA IO products through the years.  And I have always been impressed with them. But ....

Blackmagic has really hit them hard due to Resolve.  Resolve will only use Blackmagic IO products.  Stop.  A Blackmagic IO product is, in essence, the dongle for the free or even paid Resolve software.  And while the Resolve software is very impressive, the software for many of the Blackmagic hardware products is less so.  But if you have ANY thoughts about using Resolve, you need to consider this.

Jef

Sorry for my slow response Jef, Just read this. 

I colour grade/correct in baselight for avid, and do my online editing in avid symphony/boris FX, so, it isn't an issue for me :)

Thanks for your input!

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller