Latest post Sat, Jul 4 2020 3:53 PM by Mark Moskowitz. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Sat, Jul 4 2020 2:54 PM

AMA Mapper problem 2019.12.1

I upgraded from 2019.12 to 2019.12.1  (Mac, Mojave 10.14.6)

For a week, everything seemed fine.

Today, the system is crippled. AMA Mapper error.

The only change was adding an avb from a co-worker, also on 2019.12.1, an ama-linked sequence we have been trading back and forth.

She said as soon a she upgraded she started dropping frames--I had no problems with that. But when I opened the sequence, which is ama linked (we have cloned arrays and for months have not had a problem linking), I got the AMA Mapper error.

I could not navigate or do anything, but I could go to the top and quit. So not a hard crash but all composer functions disabled in bins and sqeuences. 

I X'd out AMA Management and tried again. Everything came in unlinked. 

I took a breath and started re-linking everytihng. But nothing relinks at all.

So I deleted the new sequence she sent me from the project, and went back to the old AMA Management, thinking now I'd be fine. Wrong. Now even my other linked seqiuences, which played fine before, won't play and give me the same AMA Mapper and I have to exit and can only work on transcoded sequences. as soon as I touch anything with a linked file I get the AMA Mapper area and have to exit.

Help....

Thank you,

Mark

iMac (Retina 5K, 27 inch, late 2017) 3.8ghz Intel Core i5, 64gb 2400 mhz DDR4, AMD Radeon Pro 580 8gb, OS Mojave 10.14.6, Avid MC 2019.12.0 [view my complete system specs]
  • Sat, Jul 4 2020 3:02 PM In reply to

Re: AMA Mapper problem 2019.12.1

I know its no help but why did you upgrade mid job? I'd never do that unless I has to solve a problem that was mission critical.

Working AMA linked isn't a stable solution for anything beyond short turn around and more so if you try and share sequences.

AMA is great to get stuff in quick and make selections but to get the best from MC transcoding is the best route.

Moving forward I'd make a fresh project with fresh user settings and test AMA linking some of the content.

If that doesn't work you need to unpick why.

ACI Moderator. I'm not employed by Avid or work for them. I just do this in my spare time. Normally using the current Media Composer version on My... [view my complete system specs]

Broadcast & Post Production Consultant / Trainer  Avid Certified Instructor VET

QC/QAR Training - Understanding Digital Media - Advanced Files * Compression - Avid Ingest - PSE fixing courses and more

All bespoke and delivered onsite at yours. Or delivered via hostred Zoom session.

T 07581 201248 | E pat@vet-training.co.uk | W www.vet-training.co.uk |

• Sat, Jul 4 2020 3:16 PM In reply to

large multi-series show. 98% is transcoded.  A few scenes are still in AMA because we chose not to transcode several hours for 1 minute of show. When we have that situation we go through, find the 5 or 10 minutes we'll need, then transcode just that, using ama link to cut that sequnece and then transcoding it. This has worked really well. Has been flawless through large amounts of footage and several upgrades. Until now. 

iMac (Retina 5K, 27 inch, late 2017) 3.8ghz Intel Core i5, 64gb 2400 mhz DDR4, AMD Radeon Pro 580 8gb, OS Mojave 10.14.6, Avid MC 2019.12.0 [view my complete system specs]
  • Sat, Jul 4 2020 3:53 PM In reply to

Solved, for now. Here is the workaround. 

1. As Marianna posted in another thread, rebuild your AMA Management by putting an X in front of the old one and then oen Avid. This solves the stability issue.

2. Now, instead of trying to re-link anything offline that might have happened before or after this step....highlight the offline clip use Source Browser instead to point the file, and it will find all the files.

I think I actually had this happen before, and found the same answer! 

As Pat ponts out, we have to transcode for most stavble results, but now i can transcode 5 minutes of cliops from a string out as oppsoed to hours of raw mateiral.  

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller