Latest post Mon, Jul 6 2020 2:11 AM by Scotious. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Thu, Jul 2 2020 9:00 AM

• Brad
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • West Yorkshire
    • Posts 96
    • Points 1,345

Title / Motion Graphics templates and plugins

Are there any sites that provide title templates or plugins that work in Avid?

I'm really interested in purchasing great looking titles that I don't have to spend hours in Marquee creating.

I notice on places like Envato or Motion Array that they have templates for Premier and other NLE's.

Help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

imac late 2012 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32 GB 1600 MHz DDR3 OS 10.13.2 MC 8.10.0 [view my complete system specs]
  • Thu, Jul 2 2020 9:30 AM In reply to

• mrtymcln
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Tue, Aug 16 2016
    • Sydney, NSW
    • Posts 71
    • Points 780

Re: Title / Motion Graphics templates and plugins

I've never see title templates for Avid. 😞

Avid doesn't have the community or ecosystem that FCPX/Premiere does. Avid having 3 title tools that are all equally terrible, isn't helping as well. 😂

Media Composer 2019.6 with PF and SS | 2015 MacBook Pro with macOS 10.14.6 [view my complete system specs]
  • Thu, Jul 2 2020 9:41 AM In reply to

• Brad
    • Not Ranked
    • West Yorkshire
    • Posts 96
    • Points 1,345

ugh.  it's amazing that Boris or one of those guys haven't created an alt titling plugin that has a bunch of templates on it.  I'll bet it would be popular!

imac late 2012 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32 GB 1600 MHz DDR3 OS 10.13.2 MC 8.10.0 [view my complete system specs]
  • Thu, Jul 2 2020 10:06 AM In reply to

• Brad
    • Not Ranked
    • West Yorkshire
    • Posts 96
    • Points 1,345

Okay, here's another question then.  As a workaround, is there a relatively simple software recomendation that would support existing templates from Envato, etc, that would allow me to process the templates (ie customise with my own text) then import to avid as a graphic element?

For exmaple, I often use Photoshop to create nicer looking titles that I import as PNG files.

But I just don't have the time to learn After Effects.  And the idea of learning another NLE like Premier, while while potentially inevitable, is something I'd rather avoid for now.

• Mon, Jul 6 2020 2:11 AM In reply to

• Scotious
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 48
    • Points 520

Brad-- 2 workable options:

1. NewBlue Titler Pro (which came with my older MC 7 & 8 versions that I still use) has many useful (many not) title and lower 3rd templates that are built and edited within Avid MC.

2. I am not a graphic artist, but: I have gotten comfortable with the After Effects templates offered by services such as Envato, VideoBlocks, etc. You do need to open and edit them in After Effects, and export out and back into Avid. Although some templates are more complex than others, many really do just require you to replace a logo, or a picture, or retype retype your own text. I've saved thousands on visual effects that I used to hire out.

Trust me, if I can learn this so can you. I still cannot say I "know" After Effects, but I can sure impress some clients... and save some money. too.

Scott

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller