Latest post Sat, May 23 2020 7:56 PM by Pat Horridge. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Thu, May 21 2020 5:41 PM

• SteveK
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • London
    • Posts 316
    • Points 3,565

Projects not showing in documents/avid projects

I'm on 10.15.5 on a mbp with 2020.4 which i downloaded a couple of weeks ago, a quick test all appeard ok

Today I ran MC and got an empty select project window ( correctly pointing to the correct avid projects folder)

I created 2 new projects which do appear in my documents/avid projects folder, but still not the other projects from an earlier version of MC and the new projects  *are* in the MC select project window

In my new project i am able to import bins from the old "invisible" projects

any ideas?

Numerous clients mojo to Nitris PC systems 6.5 to 2018.3 with interplay with ISIS/UNITY, EVS transfer/w IP director At Home: new 2017 15" i7 MacbookPro... [view my complete system specs]
  • Fri, May 22 2020 2:09 PM In reply to

Re: Projects not showing in documents/avid projects

With MC not running I'd try copying all the projects in the AVid Projects folder out to a new folder somewhere else.

Delete the current contents of the Avid Projects folder and then copy them back in.

Not seen another post like this or heard it mentioned so its something unique to your system.

ACI Moderator. I'm not employed by Avid or work for them. I just do this in my spare time. Normally using the current Media Composer version on My... [view my complete system specs]

Broadcast & Post Production Consultant / Trainer  Avid Certified Instructor VET

QC/QAR Training - Understanding Digital Media - Advanced Files * Compression - Avid Ingest - PSE fixing courses and more

All bespoke and delivered onsite at yours. Or delivered via hostred Zoom session.

T 07581 201248 | E pat@vet-training.co.uk | W www.vet-training.co.uk |

• Sat, May 23 2020 9:33 AM In reply to

• SteveK
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • London
    • Posts 316
    • Points 3,565

Thanks Pat

that solved the problem, all that seems to have changed are the modofied dates !

must have been some sort of permissions problem?

Thanks Steve

Numerous clients mojo to Nitris PC systems 6.5 to 2018.3 with interplay with ISIS/UNITY, EVS transfer/w IP director At Home: new 2017 15" i7 MacbookPro... [view my complete system specs]
  • Sat, May 23 2020 7:56 PM In reply to

SteveK:

Thanks Pat

that solved the problem, all that seems to have changed are the modofied dates !

must have been some sort of permissions problem?

Thanks Steve

Yes that was my guess.

ACI Moderator. I'm not employed by Avid or work for them. I just do this in my spare time. Normally using the current Media Composer version on My... [view my complete system specs]

Broadcast & Post Production Consultant / Trainer  Avid Certified Instructor VET

QC/QAR Training - Understanding Digital Media - Advanced Files * Compression - Avid Ingest - PSE fixing courses and more

All bespoke and delivered onsite at yours. Or delivered via hostred Zoom session.

T 07581 201248 | E pat@vet-training.co.uk | W www.vet-training.co.uk |

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller