Latest post Sat, Jul 25 2020 6:13 PM by JamesTV. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Fri, Mar 27 2020 5:42 PM

• MartinY
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Fri, May 24 2019
    • Posts 3
    • Points 45

Using both PackageName and Material Name in AMT3

I would like to create MXF files that set the Avid BIN Name and Tape columns independently.

For example Name to A003C009_101129_R1V8 and Tape to A003R1V8

Dropping an AMT2 created MXF Op-Atom file into the MediaInfo app shows the package name as A003R1V8 / A003C009_101129_R1V8

In AMT2 this was possible as follows…

Name = folder name sent to CreateAmtFile

Tape = tapeName in the destination media properties XML

In AMT3 I get either the PackageName or the Material name depending on the DescriptorType as follows…

DescriptorType = TapeDescriptor

Name = PhysicalSourceInfo.PackageName

Tape = PhysicalSourceInfo.PackageName

DescriptorType = ImportDescriptor

Name = MaterialName

Tape = Blank

There is the jobDefinition.mediaParameters().tapeName() call, but this also applies the string to both Name and Tape.

I see MaterialName in the PresetsAndOverrides.xsd, but can't see how this is used or even if it's relevant ?

It would be great if in TapeDescriptor mode both the PackageName and the MaterialName were used.

Many thanks,

Martin

Filed under:
  • Thu, Apr 9 2020 4:40 PM In reply to

• MartinY
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Fri, May 24 2019
    • Posts 3
    • Points 45

Re: Using both PackageName and Material Name in AMT3

Anyone any thoughts about this?? A solution would make my Easter and I'll also help someone else by donating to charity if there is a solution.

Thanks,

Martin

• Thu, Jul 2 2020 3:44 PM In reply to

• JamesTV
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Fri, Mar 31 2017
    • Posts 29
    • Points 335

I would also appreciate any information on this - we have the same / similar problem in that we would like to specify the disk label and source file / source path details.

As we have an intermediate process between the source media and the AMT process - we need to override the values from those of the source media AMT actually uses to files that are elsewhere located on the network for relinking.

All of this was possible with AMT v2 but seems to have regressed alot with AMTv3 - hoping though it's us being think or missing this in the manual.

• Sat, Jul 25 2020 6:13 PM In reply to

• JamesTV
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Fri, Mar 31 2017
    • Posts 29
    • Points 335

Is it possible to get any support from the Avid moderators on this topic? This is proving to be a blocking issue for us, and a severe regression over AMT v2.

Quite simply, just as Martin describes above, when using DescriptorType = TapeDescriptor is it impossible to set the Clip Name. It does not follow the source MaterialName it is always set to the Tape Name.

As this is the only place we are sent for support - can someone from Avid please respond?

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller