Latest post Thu, Feb 13 2020 9:13 PM by Ken Lent. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Sat, Feb 1 2020 12:47 PM

• BarkinMadd
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on Fri, Nov 4 2005
    • Ontario, Canada
    • Posts 4,754
    • Points 62,000

Is there a way to show the skin tone line on the vectorscope in the color page?

I find this feature quite useful in Resolve and wondered if MC has this option...

Did not see the option in the documentation but I may have missed it.

Thanks

Camera(s) PXW-X70, HDR-FX1, Hero 6 Black | MC 2020.6 | QT 7.7.9 | Continuum 2020.5 | Sapphire 2020.5 | Mocha Pro 2020.5 | Titler Pro 7 | Windows 10 Pro... [view my complete system specs]

Steve

www.nelliedogstudios.com

• Thu, Feb 13 2020 12:55 PM In reply to

• BarkinMadd
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on Fri, Nov 4 2005
    • Ontario, Canada
    • Posts 4,754
    • Points 62,000

Re: Is there a way to show the skin tone line on the vectorscope in the color page?

Is that a 'No' or a call to RT*M? Lol - I was just using this feature yesterday in Resolve and was reminded again of how useful it is as a tool to examine skin tone. Of course, it also requires a mechanism to isolate the skin tone contribution on the scopes which I'm not sure MC can do - possibly with the Symphony option and secondaries... I'll need to check.

Add - I just checked with secondaries in Symphony and you can isolate skin tone and use a shape over an area, invert the selection and more or less isolate the hue on the vectorscope to just the selected skin (by desaturating everything else). Not nearly as easy to do as in Resolve. Still missing the skin tone line on the vectorscope, though.

Camera(s) PXW-X70, HDR-FX1, Hero 6 Black | MC 2020.6 | QT 7.7.9 | Continuum 2020.5 | Sapphire 2020.5 | Mocha Pro 2020.5 | Titler Pro 7 | Windows 10 Pro... [view my complete system specs]

Steve

www.nelliedogstudios.com

• Thu, Feb 13 2020 6:30 PM In reply to

Re: Is there a way to show the skin tone line on the vectorscope in the color page?

The Symphony/MV vectorscope doesn't have the 45degree skintone vector line. But then agasin nowadays not everyone has skin tone along that vector. I would be a nice touch but I know where that line should be so can work it out easily.

ACI Moderator. I'm not employed by Avid or work for them. I just do this in my spare time. Normally using the current Media Composer version on My... [view my complete system specs]

Broadcast & Post Production Consultant / Trainer  Avid Certified Instructor VET

QC/QAR Training - Understanding Digital Media - Advanced Files * Compression - Avid Ingest - PSE fixing courses and more

All bespoke and delivered onsite at yours. Or delivered via hostred Zoom session.

T 07581 201248 | E pat@vet-training.co.uk | W www.vet-training.co.uk |

• Thu, Feb 13 2020 9:13 PM In reply to

• Ken Lent
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Tue, Dec 18 2007
    • California
    • Posts 129
    • Points 1,375

You can overlay an image containing the line or lines you want to add (transparent everywhere else) on a higher video track.

Core i7 930 PC 2.8GHz / 18GB RAM / Win10 Pro 64bit / nVidia Quadro K2200 (driver 411.95) / MC 2018.12.9 (Symphony/PF/SS) / BCC AVX 10.0.2 / NewBlue Titler... [view my complete system specs]
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller