Latest post Fri, Jan 10 2020 11:24 AM by SteveK. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Mon, Jan 6 2020 5:33 PM

• mua
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Sat, Apr 25 2009
    • Posts 53
    • Points 665

Estimated support date for Catalina?

Happy New Year, Everyone!

I am guessing (perhaps) like many of us, I just got the 2019 MacPro which comes preinstalled with Catalina with no option to revert to an earlier version.  I cannot even install 2019.12, I get an error: "...Apple cannot check it for malicious software.."  Does anyone know an estimated date for Catalina?  

On a broader note, does AVID have plans to engage more collaboratively with Apple to keep the software in sync more quickly with the OS updates? When I call Apple support (even their video group experts) none of them have even heard of AVID MC, I have to spell out the name every time.

Thanks!

2019 Mac Pro 12 Core // 2017 MacBookPro // 2010 MacPro 6 core 3.33GHz [view my complete system specs]
  • Tue, Jan 7 2020 1:39 AM In reply to

• Cutyes
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Sat, Jan 14 2012
    • Berlin
    • Posts 166
    • Points 2,165

Re: Estimated support date for Catalina?

Hey mua,

Happy New Year for you, too!

Your question implies that you have not seen this thread:

http://community.avid.com/forums/t/198103.aspx

Possibly not to your satisfaction, but maybe somewhat informative.

• Tue, Jan 7 2020 1:44 AM In reply to

• mua
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Sat, Apr 25 2009
    • Posts 53
    • Points 665

Thank you so much! I am now subscribed to that thread for updates.  

2019 Mac Pro 12 Core // 2017 MacBookPro // 2010 MacPro 6 core 3.33GHz [view my complete system specs]
  • Tue, Jan 7 2020 1:43 PM In reply to

mua:

Happy New Year, Everyone!

I am guessing (perhaps) like many of us, I just got the 2019 MacPro which comes preinstalled with Catalina with no option to revert to an earlier version.  I cannot even install 2019.12, I get an error: "...Apple cannot check it for malicious software.."  Does anyone know an estimated date for Catalina?  

On a broader note, does AVID have plans to engage more collaboratively with Apple to keep the software in sync more quickly with the OS updates? When I call Apple support (even their video group experts) none of them have even heard of AVID MC, I have to spell out the name every time.

Thanks!

Apple have FCPX they have little interest in Avid or helping Avid users in my experience. Its the price your paying for being in the Apple eccosystem.

ACI Moderator. I'm not employed by Avid or work for them. I just do this in my spare time. Normally using the current Media Composer version on My... [view my complete system specs]

Broadcast & Post Production Consultant / Trainer  Avid Certified Instructor VET

QC/QAR Training - Understanding Digital Media - Advanced Files * Compression - Avid Ingest - PSE fixing courses and more

All bespoke and delivered onsite at yours. Or delivered via hostred Zoom session.

T 07581 201248 | E pat@vet-training.co.uk | W www.vet-training.co.uk |

• Fri, Jan 10 2020 11:24 AM In reply to

• SteveK
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • London
    • Posts 316
    • Points 3,565

Judging by the comments in other threads, it looks like the avid developers have a lot of "feature" and bug fixes to make to 2019.12, work  *before* any attempt to make it work with Catalina ?

Numerous clients mojo to Nitris PC systems 6.5 to 2018.3 with interplay with ISIS/UNITY, EVS transfer/w IP director At Home: new 2017 15" i7 MacbookPro... [view my complete system specs]
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller