Latest post Tue, Dec 10 2019 11:13 AM by pierreh. 5 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Tue, Oct 29 2019 12:39 PM

• Simon_h
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Mon, Jun 20 2011
    • Cambridge, UK
    • Posts 85
    • Points 1,080

How can I undock the workspace bar?

The latest Avid seems pretty good - fast and stable.  But the new Workspace Bar seems fixed to the edge of the main window.    I'd like to move it.  Is that possible?

New Template
    AVID 2019.12 on HP Z820 MT XEON, 2GhZ, 32GB, Windows 10, Nvidia Quadro 2000, Crucial SSD Hard Drive with several WD Blacks for media. TMPGEnc 7 for encoding... [view my complete system specs]

New Template
  • Tue, Oct 29 2019 6:06 PM In reply to

Re: How can I undock the workspace bar?

No you can't

Right click it to select to make it icons only so narrower

Or hide it and access workspaces via the windows menu

ACI Moderator. I'm not employed by Avid or work for them. I just do this in my spare time. Normally using the current Media Composer version on My... [view my complete system specs]

Broadcast & Post Production Consultant / Trainer  Avid Certified Instructor VET

QC/QAR Training - Understanding Digital Media - Advanced Files * Compression - Avid Ingest - PSE fixing courses and more

All bespoke and delivered onsite at yours. Or delivered via hosted Zoom session.

T 07581 201248 | E pat@vet-training.co.uk | W www.vet-training.co.uk |

• Mon, Dec 9 2019 3:10 PM In reply to

• pierreh
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Paris, London
    • Posts 1,271
    • Points 15,375

Getting into 2019. Starting to appreciate the Workspace side bar. Can I have it all the way left instead of right? If not, shouldn't it be a feature request?

- Work: MacPro 2010 3.46Ghz 12 Cores 48Gig RAM, Mojo DX, 10.14.6 - Home: MacBookPro 2.5Ghz quad-i7, 16Gig Mem and SSD OSX 10.11.6 [view my complete system specs]
  • Mon, Dec 9 2019 5:19 PM In reply to

Pretty sure it was on the right in DS and its a copy of that as far asI can see.

ACI Moderator. I'm not employed by Avid or work for them. I just do this in my spare time. Normally using the current Media Composer version on My... [view my complete system specs]

Broadcast & Post Production Consultant / Trainer  Avid Certified Instructor VET

QC/QAR Training - Understanding Digital Media - Advanced Files * Compression - Avid Ingest - PSE fixing courses and more

All bespoke and delivered onsite at yours. Or delivered via hosted Zoom session.

T 07581 201248 | E pat@vet-training.co.uk | W www.vet-training.co.uk |

• Mon, Dec 9 2019 6:10 PM In reply to

• Simon_h
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Mon, Jun 20 2011
    • Cambridge, UK
    • Posts 85
    • Points 1,080

My initial question came from the fact that when it's on the right, it interferes with the placing of the playback screens.  It would be less obtrusive on the left.   

In a related issue, I can't seem to get Avid to save the workspace with the main (background) window spread across two screens.   On restart, it keeps defaulting to show the background on monitor 1 only so the workspace bar is generally on the right of the left hand monitor.

Not a major problem, but vaguely frustrating.  I don't like seeing all my desktop junk through the gaps in the Avid windows on the right hand screen.

If anyone knows a way to fix this, it would be handy.

New Template
    AVID 2019.12 on HP Z820 MT XEON, 2GhZ, 32GB, Windows 10, Nvidia Quadro 2000, Crucial SSD Hard Drive with several WD Blacks for media. TMPGEnc 7 for encoding... [view my complete system specs]

New Template
  • Tue, Dec 10 2019 11:13 AM In reply to

• pierreh
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Paris, London
    • Posts 1,271
    • Points 15,375

I managed to move it to the left monitor. It's still on the right but at least (until Avid offers the option to move it where we want, be it left, right or bottom) it's closer to an area easy to reach and where the mouse pointer spends a lot more time than extreme right. Extreme right being a place no one wants to be in... Stick out tongue

- Work: MacPro 2010 3.46Ghz 12 Cores 48Gig RAM, Mojo DX, 10.14.6 - Home: MacBookPro 2.5Ghz quad-i7, 16Gig Mem and SSD OSX 10.11.6 [view my complete system specs]
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller