Latest post Sun, Sep 8 2019 7:29 AM by gstrudler. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Fri, Sep 6 2019 6:42 AM

• Björn
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Tue, Apr 27 2010
    • Sweden
    • Posts 6
    • Points 120

Crossgrade to normal MC without Ultimate?

Hi,

I have a perpetual license of Media Composer, and I also have the Symphony option that I paid for in an upgrade offer many years ago.

Now it is time to pay for another year of upgrades and support, and the only two options presented to me are:

1. Pay for the upgrade and support plan, about 420 Euro for a year.

2. Crossgrade to an MC Ultimate subscription, about 350 Euro for a year. However, I am not very intrerested in the Ultimate version. And also, this price is only for the first year, then it costs about 550 Euro per year, which is way too much for me.

The cost for the normal MC subscription is about 220 Euro for a year. But it is not offered as an option.

Question: Can I crossgrade to a normal subscription MC?

And will that mean that my Symphony option is disabled? (I thought it is bought and paid for so I could keep it forever.)

I would appreciate some help in understanding this.

Avid MC 2019.8 w Symphony, ProTools 2019.6, OSX 10.14.6, MacBook Pro 2.7 GHz i7, 16GB RAM [view my complete system specs]
  • Fri, Sep 6 2019 9:09 AM In reply to

• addinski
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Erfurt, Germany
    • Posts 193
    • Points 2,320

Re: Crossgrade to normal MC without Ultimate?

I am sort of in the same boat. I think, the only option to "crossgrade" once you step out of the update model, is to convert your perp. licence into s subscription licence - which is not cool. Or buy another perp. licence.

Andre.

MAC OS X 10.11.6 AVID MC 2018.3 + Avid Mbox Pro 3 MACBOOKPRO 15" Retina, i7 2.66 GHz Quadcore, 16GB Ram Dell UltraSharp U2711 Sony FS5 & Alpha... [view my complete system specs]

Honestly I hate editing.

• Sun, Sep 8 2019 7:29 AM In reply to

• gstrudler
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Portland, OR
    • Posts 49
    • Points 625

Re: Crossgrade to normal MC without Ultimate?

You can have and use the Symphony option with the "standard" MC subscription; MC Ultimate just includes it as part of that subscription (along with a couple other features), but is not a requirement.

Your perpetual Symphony license should carry over and be able to be activated/used with a regular MC subscription, but sounds like you might be best off with a quick chat with support to get that transition sorted out; which of course will be easiest while you're still under an active Support Plan.

MacOS 10.14.6, Media Composer 2019, Pro Tools 2019, Nitris DX, trashcan Mac Pro (12-core), dual AMD D700, 64GB RAM, BCC, Sapphire, Mocha, iZotope RX, Sonnox... [view my complete system specs]
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller