Latest post Tue, Jul 23 2019 1:33 PM by SaNK123. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Fri, Jul 19 2019 11:36 AM

• SaNK123
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Fri, Jul 12 2019
    • Posts 2
    • Points 30

Import or relink XDCAM

Could someone tell me why Avid always skip the settings when you import an XDCAM HD codec? I mean there is always a way to work around but, when you have to batch some files it's always a bit awkward. Or maybe I'm just missing something in the settings?

For example, I've got an interlaced project and one of our assistance ingested two discs as progressive. It would be much easier if I could batch this directly in the right format. Now I have to relink, transcode and relink again to bring the original master clips up to DNxHD 50i.

I know avid does this but, I didn't fount some information about why.

Filed under: , , ,
  • Sat, Jul 20 2019 10:27 AM In reply to

Re: Import or relink XDCAM

Install plugin and link.

iMac i5 27", 24GB RAM, OS 10.13.6 with Symphony 2018.12, BlackMagic mini monitor. MacBook Pro, 16GB RAM with OS 10.13.6 with MC 2018.5 and BMD Ultrastudio... [view my complete system specs]

With best wishes, Roger Shufflebottom

ACI, Technical Tutor (Editing), Faculty of Media and Communication, Bournemouth University, Dorset, UK

• Mon, Jul 22 2019 3:08 PM In reply to

• DonE
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Tue, Aug 18 2009
    • California, USA
    • Posts 106
    • Points 1,270

SaNK123:

Could someone tell me why Avid always skip the settings when you import an XDCAM HD codec?

One reason Avid might ignore your Media Creation settings for XDCam HD is that it is an Avid Native codec. If you are doing a "legacy Import" and your project frame size and framerate match the file and you are set to import legal levels, Avid will Fast Import just rewrapping the XDCam codec in MXF OP Atom.

If you Link / Consolidate you will also get the XDCam codec. If you Link / Transcode you can get the codec of choice.

1x AMC/Sy 8.2.11-Win7 Pro 64-HP z800-dual 6core-24GB-Quadro FX 4800-Nitris DX QT775 NV340.84** 3x AMC/Sy 8.2.11-Win7 Pro 64-HP xw8600-8GB-Quadro FX 3700... [view my complete system specs]
  • Tue, Jul 23 2019 1:33 PM In reply to

• SaNK123
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Fri, Jul 12 2019
    • Posts 2
    • Points 30

DonE:
    One reason Avid might ignore your Media Creation settings for XDCam HD is that it is an Avid Native codec

Thank you, this is a piece of really helpful information. It´s still a bit confusing there is no option to import this directly to a bigger codec. But it's nice to understand why Avid is doing this. :)

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller